Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Best place to sell an Omega watch?
  • matthew_h
    Free Member

I’d prefer to avoid ebay if possible but are there any suggestions as to the best places to sell an Omega Seamaster?

Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers

trailmonkey

lots of watchists on here. tried the classifieds ?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Not a bad idea that really. Nothing to lose there.

Any other suggestions?

meesterbond

Personally I tend to buy and sell any secondhand watches on tz-uk.com. You do need 50 or so posts to use the sales corner, so might not be convenient.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Try here: Swiss Watches

They’ve been around for at least 10 years so they are established and reputable.

peterfile
    Free Member

STW Classifieds.

Spotted a few selling on there before.

Straightliner

Or even Pistonheads – quite a watch following on there.

kudos100
    Free Member

Pistonheads is your best bet. Sold my seamaster for a good price a couple of months ago.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Just out of interest – why would anyone ever feel the need to spend that much money on a watch. I have a mate spent £12k on a watch once and cant quite get my head round that idea.

justatheory
    Free Member

@Surrounded By Zulus

I’ve got mates who’ve spent £2000+ on watches but can’t fathom why I’d spend £2000 on a bike.

“Two grand for a bike!!”

geetee1972
    Free Member

It’s jewellery, it’s the same reason women like diamond engagement rings costing about the same.

snakebite
    Free Member

Jewels….Diamonds

trailmonkey

It’s jewellery, it’s the same reason women like diamond engagement rings costing about the same.

i really don’t see that at all. i don’t wear my watch as some kind of status thing or as some kind of accessory. my watch is functional, sturdy to the point of bombproof on the bike, sentimental because my wife bought it for me, but above all, it’s just a nice thing to have.

matthewjb
    Free Member

geetee1972 – Member
    It’s jewellery

There’s an element of that I guess. But it’s more compilcated. Certainly if you’ve got a mechanical watch.

Jewellery is just for show whereas with an expensive watch only you really know about it. Unless you buy something obvious like a Rolex, the general public wouldn’t know a £100 watch from a £10,000 watch.

For me it’s more about owning something that’s so mechanically impressive. It’s not necessarily better than a cheap quartz. It’s a bit like a steam engine. Impressive but a new cheap electric train does the same job.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s jewellery

There’s an element of that I guess. But it’s more compilcated.

No it’s not. It’s jewellery, plain and simple. A cheapo digital will tell the time just as accurately as an expensive mechanical watch, possibly even more so.

I have no problem with people enjoying nice jewellery. It makes me laugh when they try to pretend it’s not though… 😆

Unless you buy something obvious like a Rolex, the general public wouldn’t know a £100 watch from a £10,000 watch.

That’s cos most people can’t afford/don’t care/aren’t daft enough to splash sill amounts of money on bits of jewellery…

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Because they want to?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Its often more than Jewellery

They are just beautifully made and fascinating to me.

trailmonkey

No it’s not. It’s jewellery, plain and simple

no it’s not. i’ll repeat myself. just once. for you. cos you’re obviously a bit of a thicky and can’t see beyond your rather narrow worldview.

i don’t wear my watch as some kind of status thing or as some kind of accessory. my watch is functional, sturdy to the point of bombproof on the bike, sentimental because my wife bought it for me, but above all, it’s just a nice thing to have.

let me know if i can clear up other stuffs for you.

but i probably won’t bother

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

no it’s not. i’ll repeat myself. just once. for you

You are so kind.

I’m still right though. In fact, thanks for proving it even further. 😀

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

How much would you want for it….?

Cheers

Ben

duckman

TZ UK; however you need 250 posts now. If it is a full size seamaster, I would be interested….I also have a mid-sized one I want rid of.If you want, I would post it up on TZ for you,since you seem to do more than post for sales on here.

nickf
    Free Member

No it’s not. It’s jewellery, plain and simple. A cheapo digital will tell the time just as accurately as an expensive mechanical watch, possibly even more so.

Elf, I couldn’t agree more. I have some nice watches, but my basic premise is that although they are ultimately jewellery, they need to be functional jewellery. I need to be able to use any of my watches in any circumstance, so a dress watch is out of the question (I’d break it) as is a cheapo digital (wrong image for work…..pathetic, but these things count with clients).

And we all know that a £1.99 Tesco special is more accurate than any mechanical watch, but I rather enjoy the fact that I have a very clever machanical device on my wrist, with lots of parts whizzing around all the time. I suppose I’d also add that any of my watches are worn because I like them, not because I think other people will like them.

rogg
    Free Member

Watchuseek. Bought a couple of watches from there without any problems. You should be ok as long as you take all the usual precautions.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/

matthew_h
    Free Member

Hello, looks like I’ve started a bit of debate. This will probably add to it; the watch in question is a quartz Seamaster so not only jewellery but not even mechanical.

Duckman, thanks for that offer, very kind and I may well take you up on that, cheers

FWIW, I’d be looking for around £650

duckman

If it is full size,(41mm) with box and papers, then I will buy it.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Yup, full size with full papers, box etc.

Maybe best to email me on matthew@screamingjaffa.co.uk

Cheers

joolsburger
    Free Member

And once again the interweb works perfectly.

duckman

😀 Mail sent!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’m still right though

No you’re not; you’re just ignoring someone else’s opinion. Just what you’d expect from a ‘big-hitter’

It makes me laugh

The majority are laughing. At you, not with you.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Best place to sell an Omega watch?’ is closed to new replies.