• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by core.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best place to sell a car these days?
  • core

2007 focus, 1.8 petrol, 97,000 miles, decent history, 3 door, 17″ alloys, metallic silver, tidy for age.

Autotrader?
    eBay?
    Local rag?

Want it gone asap, would take £1500.

Any thoughts? Autotrader is best part of £40 for a fortnight.

noltae
    Free Member

I think Auto trader is worth the money – helps filter out the time wasters ..

Sandwich

I think Auto trader is worth the money – helps filter out the time wasters ..

My experience differed, time wasters everywhere last time I used Auto-Trader. Gumtree or e-Bay were recommended to me by someone in the trade. (you could also try Facebook and Twitter.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Found auto trader bad for time wasters and traders looking for cheap stock. eBay I got interest but car sold when a passerby saw for sale sign in window.

stumpy01

Only time I’ve tried Auto Trader it was a complete waste of time.

Only time I tried eBay, the car sold, I had loads of bidders and it didn’t cost much.
    But, I did put my car on with 99p starting bid and just let it run.

andy8442
    Free Member

I’ve never had a problem with Auto Trader. You can also hide your number from cold callers and dealers.

nickjb
    Free Member

eBay is the best. Quick, cheap and easy. Loads of potential customers. You will get a few time wasters but they are easy enough to weed out. Another option is a stealth ad on here 🙂

Simon

Stealth ad on STW?

core

Ooh, Simon, so close…..

Thought I’d post the details as might make a difference as to where to advertise. I’d actually not sell it to a STW’er now, hence no actual ad on here.

matt_outandabout

Gumtree for a car like that, has worked a treat on two of our cars.

lunge

Gumtree. I sold my last car on there and it was reasonably pain free.

core

Update, no bites on gumtree or ebay, it was fairly priced, sold via a local facebook affordable car group of all places. Gone anyway, £1600.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best place to sell a car these days?’ is closed to new replies.