Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Best place to sell a car?
  • jam-bo

It’s a while since I actually had to sell a car rather than get the scrapper to pick it up. So, is auto trader still worth it?

Ebay? Gumtree? Anywhere else?

allthepies
    Free Member

Facebook “Cars for sale in <insert local place here>” groups worked for me.

Sold a car less than 24hrs after posting up in one of said groups.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Over a couple of grand; auto trader. Less than 3ish, go ebay

jota180
    Free Member

I’ve had good results (twice recently) with a free Gumtree ad
    Only a couple of time wasters sending stupid messages

Suggsey
    Free Member

A4 sheet in the window at Lidl/Aldi with your mobile number on it…..have the full service history/V5 with you and lay fir a taxi home……seriously sold a car within 5 minutes for asking price at a Tesco like this, someone wanted a daily reliable if scabby runner!

jam-bo

It’s an Audi Quattro. Might be better outside my local orange dealer…

mudmuncher

Put the misses car on gumtree (free) and paid for an ebay classified. Got 4X more enquiries through Gumtree and sold within a week.

TheFlyingOx

I know it all depends on value of the car, but:

1999 Renault Clio, 37000 miles, intermittent immobiliser issue

WeBuyAnyCar = £125 offer
    Gumtree = £250 ad but no offers
    eBay = £100 with no reserve, final bid £400

lunge

Gumtree is free and so worth a shot. I sold my car there with no hassle at all.

mugsys_m8

France. Ignoring the side the steering wheel is on issue. Anything secondhand in France is worth far higher value than in UK…price of secondhand cars in France is eye watering compared to UK. Sorry not much to add.

razorrazoo

Just sold a 53 Golf, it was priced at the higher and of the market but was in good nick, just serviced, low mileage for year etc, and comparable to others of similar condition/spec and Parkers guide;

– Autotrader – a few inquiries, but certainly not as many as I would have thought given a popular car.
    – Exchange and Mart – nowt.
    – Gumtree – did it as a bit of ‘might as well try here then’, more inquiries than anywhere else (including people negotiating a price we would shake hands before seeing the car and assuming all was in order). Had 3 serious buyers, no real timewasters, sold it to the first at full asking price. This is where I would start next time.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

How much for the Quattro please Jambo?

Condition/pics?

Bored of my TT.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Anyway, Pistonheads I’d’ve thought? Free I think.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I might be interested – will send email.

If I buy it do I *have* to get an Orange 5? Will a rigid carbon singlespeed single me out as an STWer just as well??

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Best place to sell a car?’ is closed to new replies.