Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Best place to sell a car
  • lunge

My ageing Megane is getting to the point where I think it is time to move it on. I’ve never sold a car before, I tend to keep them until they die or part-ex them, neither of which I think are good ideas for this one. It is not new (2005 model), it has high mileage (150k) but, bar the odd electrical quirk, it goes well for a car of its age.

So, where to sell it? Is Autotrader the go to place still? Classifieds in a local paper? eBay? STW?

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Autotrader is good for getting an idea of what it’s worth. However, given your car is I guess worth less than £2k the fees might not make it worth it.
    Gumtree seems to be good. Ebay is OK too. Worth sticking it in the local paper too if its free to do so.

steveh

Autotrader is very quiet now, Gumtree is good to try first as it’s free but failing that eBay is definitely best and cheapest.

matt_outandabout

I sold an 05 Touran, with 150k on clock on Gumtree a couple of weeks back.
    We were VERY honest about the condition, made sure it was £200 cheaper than all the others and sold in 4 days, with two more viewings lined up.
    Still ended up £200 better off than a trade in we were offered.

granny_ring

Had a couple of bites on ebay, but it was a sign in the car window that sold it and it cost nothing!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Best place to sell a car’ is closed to new replies.