Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Best place to search for cheap industrial units / spaces to rent
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

This is sort of bike related but I'll put it in here to avoid the Forum police coming down hard on me.

Anyone know where the best place to start looking to find a smallish industrial unit / space to rent is? Ideally one that isn't high rent / one that isn't in high demand.

Looking for something smallish to build a mini ramp in for some all weather action.

nbt

Local chamber of commerce would be a good place to start. Otherwise, just cruise round the local industrial estates. IIRC you're gloucester way so maybe fewer old mills and so-on that we get up north otherwise I'd suggest trying for the higher floors in an older building

maybe even put the word out via local riders and bike shops: you may find someone into bikes who has space (or whose dad has space) in their factory or warehouse

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Good idea – just drove through my local ind. est on the way back from School and there are a few places going.

hora
    Free Member

Rightmoves does bring up some industrial units if you leave the price to and from open

Stoner
    Free Member

Consolidated commercial regional listings are hard to come by. Your best bet is to ask around all the commercial agents in your area. Try EGi for agent listings http://www.egpropertylink.com/Property/AgentSearch.aspx

Rents for crappy space can be quite low right now especially because you will be taking on the rates liability for the building from the landlord since rates relief was binned by the government – its also why many landlords would rather demolish an old building than carry the rates cost through a recession. Great thinking gordo.

Rents should be anywhere between 50p and £4 psf for sheds. Rates can be checked on the VOA website, but assume 50% of rent.

BTW, the agent's fee is paid for by the landlord, not you. You will need to sign a lease but it may be a very short and simple document for your purposes and wont be executed as a deed so legal costs should be negligable. You shouldnt have any problems with short rolling leases on Grade B ind stock as most landlords will be happy for the occupancy and it would only take a day or two to get you and your stuff out ready for a longer lessee.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Stoner – nice one for the info. Already been on egpropertylink and there are some interesting ones.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Best place to search for cheap industrial units / spaces to rent’ is closed to new replies.