Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best place to search for cheap flights
  • mildred

Does anyone have any reccomendations for searching (cheap) flights to France?

TooTall
    Free Member

Big place, lots of airports. Equally, same from this end.

Where do you want to get to, and from where do you wish to depart? Then look at which airlines fly to / from said airports, then look at their prices. As many cheap airlines are not listed on the scraper sites, this approach will give you the best results.

atlaz
    Free Member

What TooTall said but I use Kayak or Skyscanner. Both have websites and apps and do most (or at least some) budget airlines.

Outside that I do exactly what TooTall said and find airports where I want to go and then check their arrivals/departure boards online to see where the flights go to/from

mildred

I’m very flexible (including dates to a degree) – which is causing the headache.

Last time I searched (2011) I could do a generic search to include, for example, all Midlands airports to France. This would then bring up all the options in price order. It seems I now have to be very specific.

I just want to know what flights are available over a 6 day period.

Basically, I’m travelling in the camper to have a week or two biking; Once the schools break-up the wife is going to fly out with the kids. So I can travel pretty much anywhere to meet her. The airports in UK in order of preference are:

East Mids
    Birmingham
    Robin Hood
    Luton
    Manchester
    Leeds

atlaz
    Free Member

I think we both meant where in France. It’s quite big. For vague frame of reference, to visit my folks at Xmas, I drove for 9 hours only stopping for fuel at a decent pace and it’s not even the widest part of the country. France is almost 3 times the area of the UK.

If you’re not sure where, do you want hot, mountains, sea… and so on

Mackem

skyscanner

Dickyboy

skscanner & kayak both ended up back at lastminute.com 😕 but with cheaper prices 🙂

mildred

Thanks for the help folks; skyscanner delivered.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best place to search for cheap flights’ is closed to new replies.