Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Best place to search for a family summer holiday?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Drawing a blank trying to find a holiday that ticks all the boxes – tried the usual ‘High Street’ websites and On The Beach too, but nothing seems to be coming up that has everything we want – can anyone recommend any other sites that I can search?

Cheers

grizedaleforest

What are the boxes?

johndoh
    Free Member

Summer sun, flights from Leeds Bradford, next to a sandy beach, close to a resort centre (ie, comfortable walking distance), fun activity pool, evening entertainment, 4 star, good Trip Adviser reviews, shortish transfer time from airport (ie 30 mins max).

dooosuk
    Free Member

I hear there’s lots of availability in Turkey!

If you’re looking for Balearic’s/Spain you may well have left it too late.

johndoh
    Free Member

If you’re looking for Balearic’s/Spain you may well have left it too late.

Possibly – there is still plenty of holidays available, but we may just need to compromise in one area a bit.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

We were struggling but Mrs S went to talk to a travel agent (a real alive one and everything) and got us a deal. Might be worth giving some a call, you don’t have to buy what they find.

edit: Sounds a bit sarky – not meant to be

johndoh
    Free Member

No, that’s fair enough – I did speak to one a while ago but to progress we’d need to go in together and a busy family life makes it difficult to do that (so much easier to look together on a computer screen).

hammerite
    Free Member

Check these websites…

Lowcostholidays
    Easyjet holidays
    Jet 2 Holidays
    Travel Supermarket (you usually then need to call someone).

Or freestyle – find somewhere to fly to, book flights. Then sort accommodation once you’ve got flights.

dknwhy

I use Travel Republic as it uses live flight prices.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

shortish transfer time from airport (ie 30 mins max).

Christ that would have to be under the run way !

I assume you have tried Jet2 holidays?

yamyamblade
    Free Member

We’ve booked through Jet2 holidays to Ibiza all inclusive etc, only for a week so happy for it to be based around the hotel with 3 kids to keep occupied

Normally book direct but saved over £1k going through Jet2 for the 4 of us.

grizedaleforest

If you aren’t fussed about the destination, the Thomas Cook website lets you search without a destination and has a reasonably easy to digest presentation.

johndoh
    Free Member

Cheers Grizedale – I just found that myself too! I don’t know why other sites don’t do that.

Now trawling AirBNB too…

hammerite
    Free Member

Loads of decent places within 30 mins of an airports. Hundreds of islands where you can go anywhere on the island within 30 mins

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Best place to search for a family summer holiday?’ is closed to new replies.