Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Best place to leave your car in Penrith for 6 days???
  • Special_ized_Jamie

A group of us are doing some riding in Scotland in a couple of weeks and we are picking one guy up in Penrith. He is driving over there from North Yorkshire to catch a lift with us coming up from Bristol but has no idea where would be good (and also bad) to leave his car for 6 days? Doesn’t mind paying something to make sure it will be OK but I thought there must be somewhere to park up for free that pretty safe?

deepreddave
    Free Member

You can leave it at the train station pay cat park but there are plenty of safe residential streets you can use for free. Look at Lowther or Arthur Street beyond the restricted parking sections.

hjghg5
    Free Member

We parked a couple of cars for 2 days near the top end of lowther street earlier this year and everything was fine.

cumberlanddan
    Free Member

Penrith’s not bad – I grew up there – so I wouldn’t worry too much about leaving a car on a side street anywhere near the town centre, just maybe not in the bus station car park.

Saying that, I’ve not lived there for more than ten years…

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Agree with other post. Top end of Lowther Street, near the Beacon, is a good as place as any. It’s free. Penrith’s a pretty safe place.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Best place to leave your car in Penrith for 6 days???’ is closed to new replies.