Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best place to get……spokes? for a wheelbuild 274mm butted….
  • hopefiendboy

Anyone embarked on wheelbuilding recently and found a good place to get spokes?

Cheers in advance!!!

scotroutes

I usually buy DT Swiss from Rose Bikes.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Je James seemed to have the sizes i needed and was cheap and reasonably quick

dovebiker

I use ACI double-butted for non-fancy builts – available from sdeals or cyclebasket and half the price of DT Swiss or Sapim and never has one break. For lightweight or bladed spokes I buy from Germany as UK prices are taking the wee-wee – seems that some folks think that handbuilt wheels is some sort of hipster, artisan craft and price them accordingly.

Northwind

I’ve got a bunch of Sapim Laser 273s here that I bought by mistake, they’re pretty lightweight (literally a CX-Ray that hasn’t been forged flat) but I like em for anything but big hitter wheels… Any good?

daern
    Free Member

I usually buy DT Swiss from Rose Bikes.

Same here – last wheel build were DT Swiss Competition (DB) and they were definitely cheapest from Rose. Speedy shipping too, considering it had to come all of the way from Germanyland.

I still don’t understand why none of the big UK sellers carry DT Swiss spokes at a half decent price :-/

Oh, got Sapin nipples from eBay:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222087632182

transporter13
    Free Member

Spa cycles for me
    Sapim leader or sapim race normally about 30-40p each inc brass nipples

jakd95
    Free Member

I’ve used the ACI double butted ones from cyclebasket too. 21p per spoke including brass nipples. There enough for my non-fancy wheels.

nixie

Just riding along for me.

hopefiendboy

@northwind- thanks for the offer but I find the 1.5mm centres have a lot of wind up when building them up

cheers for all the replies- the ACIs would be fine esp at 21p per spoke!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best place to get……spokes? for a wheelbuild 274mm butted….’ is closed to new replies.