Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best place to get TRP Spyre pads
  • pipiom
    Free Member

Total noob to this malarkey. Looking for some replacement pads for road bike:mechanical TRP Spyre brakes……usually use Superstar or Uberbike, but never bought for tarmac use…….also what is the best compound for U.K./IOM weather.

Cheers

whitestone
    Free Member

I think the Shimano M525 pads are the same/fit Spyres. Could be wrong on the number but it’s one of the very common pads. No doubt someone will be along to correct me.

Mowgli
    Free Member

I use the organic Superstar ones. They’re the same fit as for Shimano as above. I think either organic or kevlar would be best – sintered possibly a bit overkill and will eat your rotors quicker.

Dyffers
    Free Member

I also use UberBike pads,and have recently put race matrix pads in my road BB7s having got on well with them in XT hydraulics on the MTBs. No complaints. They do them for Spyres.

chrishc777
    Free Member

I use superstar, organic to get a bit more bite. I use Kevlars on the big bike but they’ve got 4 hydraulic pistons pushing them, not a little cable pulled arm

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

Sintered shimano m785 pads fit with a little fettling and give much better bite and power.

oxym0r0n

As above, I’ve found the 525s to be good value and a good balance with wear/power. The Clarks ones I found to be too grabby.

ransos
    Free Member

I use Swiss stop pads in mine – much better in the wet, and less squealing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best place to get TRP Spyre pads’ is closed to new replies.