Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best place to get a VW T4/5 Kombi van
  • roughneck
    Free Member

Looking at getting a van, where's the best place up north to get one. One in good nic and not very old.

roughneck
    Free Member

Is it better to get a kombi or get a van converted?

steveh

If you want one that isn't very old then it'll have to be a T5 (the t numbers refer to the generation of model or signifcant design change if you weren't sure) as they started in 2003.

They are rare vans and much sought after so prices are high and good ones go quickly. All you can do is keep an eye on autotrader and ebay regularly to see what comes up. Salop vans seem to have quite a few in, tho many of theirs are converted panel vans I think.

Converting a van is not a bad idea as finding a base van is much easier than a factory kombi.

tracknicko
    Free Member

but brings in a lot more issues with seat bracing, seat belt mounting points, changing the V5, and getting insurance sorted.

try banwy vans for combi ex aa vans…

roughneck
    Free Member

Any good body shops/van converters in Yorkshire. New seats, spray job, wheels, body kits that sort of thing

ash.addy
    Free Member

There's one for sale in the classifieds now

julianwilson
    Free Member

..or buy, tax and insure a caravelle as a 'car', remove rear bench and make up some plywood 'lining' if you want the rear windows protected or private. I haven't bothered with this last bit with mine and its still an excellent bike van. Also far nicer for middle bench passengers as they get carpets, properly mounted belts/seats, opening windows, fan vents in the roof and a heater vent in the floor. Middle bench folds a bit and is removable but a bit of a faff.

boxelder

Van bodies

Give Rob a ring.

In Morecambe, but easy to reach from Yorkshire.
    It's a long established conversion firm, so knows all about seats etc.
    He's a mountain biker too, so obviously trustworthy!

steveh

Exploria in liversedge west yorks have a pretty good rep. I've used these guys for windows and mate had them fit a seat for very reasonable rates.

http://www.vanwindows.co.uk/

Fixed double seat and window was £700. Insurance approved with certs. Worth a call for sure

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

How much do you want to spend? I'm about to sell or trade in my T5. Black, 102 hp, short wheel base, Kombi. Got split rear seats, black alloy wheels, AC and a natty little (factory fitted) spoiler. 35k miles.

roughneck
    Free Member

Have you got more speck and pic's

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Hi Roughneck. Drop me an email and I'll sort it out tomorrow.

Richie@silverfish-Uk.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best place to get a VW T4/5 Kombi van’ is closed to new replies.