• This topic has 21 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • best place to eat in cardiff?
  • scandalous
    Free Member

Down next week and taking customers out.

All meat eaters, budget not really an issue.

Something non-chain or generic please!

Thank you!

LoCo
    Free Member

Couple beers and then chippy alley for a fight not really suitable then 😉

There’s a nice resturant near the mueseum which is called valentinocardiff.co.uk also some nice bars near by for after drinks if necessary

another italian out of town centre though is cibopontcanna.com

seanoc
    Free Member

The Mint and Mustard on the outskirts is pretty special. The Medeira bang in the centre is pretty cool as well.

scandalous
    Free Member

Nom nom nom!

taxi25
    Free Member

Bully’s in Romilley Crescent is pretty good. One thing Cardiff lacks is a couple of exceptional restaurants.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There’s a place called le monde in the city centre, set out really nice, like an old butcher/fishmongers, all white and black tiles, meat counter and fish counter. We ate there pretty much most nights on expenses, about 250 for four of us usually. Really good.

Le Monde

ell_tell
    Free Member

If you’re meeting them at 2am after 10 pints of beer then I would suggest Charleston’s Steak House. Otherwise Le Monde is a good shout. You pick your own meat/fish etc.

The Potted Pig on St Marys St is very well regarded, but sometimes a long waiting list.

Does it need to be a city centre location?

molgrips
    Free Member

Mint and Mustard is something else.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Mint and mustard, and potted pig are both superb, I also like The Cosy Club, if you want beers and are in the city I can wholly recommend Urban TapHouse, local microbrewery owned and run, and always have a great selection of independent beers

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Mint and Mustard is good but a bit pretentious, suits your budget not being an issue though. The Aegean a little further up is pretty good for a bit of Greek or Got Beef across the road for some hipster burgers. .CN on City Road is good for traditional Chinese and Pho Bak in Canton for Vietnamese.

dan45a
    Free Member

Bully’s is my favourite, it’s got something the others mentioned don’t. Food is good so is wine list and so is the attention to detail and knowledge of the menu.

fabs

Cafe Citta on church street for awesome Italian

LoCo
    Free Member

Making a list of these others too 😀

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

.CN is amazing non msg chinese food at its best including duck tongue!

Purple poppadom in Canton is a great twist on high end Indian cuisine

Bangkok Cafe in Canton great Thai street food

Avoid the centre of town if you can

gwaelod
    Free Member

Ignore all that stuff

For a real Cardiff dining experience you need to wander down Caroline Street after about 11pm.

Oh aye…and for lunch get a Clarpie from the Maaaaaaarket

Lots more here https://www.flickr.com/photos/maciejdakowicz/sets/1391696/

scandalous
    Free Member

thanks all! le monde looks great as do the most of them!

chazmandingo
    Free Member

If it’s just meat you want Viva Brasil.

It’s a smalle chain. But the meat they serve is amazing. Try and eat all 17 cuts too 😉

GHill

I always liked Thai House when I was living in Cardiff, not been since 2008 though.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

f it’s just meat you want Viva Brasil.

If it’s piles of salad you want, with the odd bit of salty meat, go for viva brasil. Not a small chain, and not good – been to both Cardiff and Glasgow, I should’ve learned after Cardiff!

ell_tell
    Free Member

Alternatively, if you fancy posh Indian cuisine and the weather is nice you could always head to Moksh down in Cardiff Bay?

Great food and a couple of bars if the clients fancy a drink afterwards.

scandalous
    Free Member

Ended up at the meating place.

Highly recommended!

Interesting night in cardiff!

DrJ

Here …

EDIT – beaten by gwaelod 🙁

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘best place to eat in cardiff?’ is closed to new replies.