Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Best place to buy Schwalbe Hans Dampf
  • northerntom
    Free Member

Seem to have been waiting an age for bike discount to come back into stock, today was supposed to be that day, now it says ‘unavailable’ – fantastic.

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/schwalbe-hans-dampf-evo-sg-trailstar-27.5×2.35-tl-easy-folding-230785/wg_id-8913

Does anyone know of anywhere else that stock the new models at a reasonable price?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ha ha I was going to say bike-discount !

honourablegeorge

bike-components.de – front and rear set in stock for 67 euro. singles from 33

https://www.bike-components.de/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=hans+dampf

drovercycles
    Free Member

They’re in stock in the UK so any dealer should be able to sell them to you. What’s a reasonable price? 10% off RRP?

northerntom
    Free Member

well bike discount are doing them for £30. I’ve seen they are in stock in UK shops, but the mark up is ridiculous – doesn’t make sense when I can get it essentially half price!

Thanks for the link George, will have a look!

honourablegeorge

drovercycles – Member
    They’re in stock in the UK so any dealer should be able to sell them to you. What’s a reasonable price? 10% off RRP?

Much as I’d normally recommend supporting the local shop, the massive gulf between Schwalbe’s pricing over here versus Germany can’t be ignored.

Bike-components price 33 – 35 Euro
    CRC Price – 57.99 EUro
    RRP – 71.99 EUro

drovercycles
    Free Member

Fair enough. I was just looking at that link you saint, honourablegeorge. Their price is 25% under what we pay. OK, there’s delivery on top (and for one tyre, you’d not be far off a discounted UK price) – but it’s a bit silly really.

Does anyone know if they’re retail packaged or OEM stock? Or is it a bit of a mixture and you take your chances?

honourablegeorge

They’re full retail, properly packaged.

Continental are similar – massive prices over here, friend runs a bike shop, they cost him more from the distributor for a single tyre than what I’d pay (plus postage) from Germany.

Few too many links in the distribution chain I guess – I’d happily pay a few quid extra to pick them up from the local shop – but not nearly double.

drovercycles
    Free Member

If 10% of RRP is expensive, they’re even more so! RRP of the Supergravity version the OP was asking about is £54.99 (not £59.99 as that link lists) so I’d have thought most shops could/would do them for around £49 if you ask nicely.

northerntom
    Free Member

To be honest, I used to be all for supporting my local bike shop, but the service and General attitude I’ve had over the last few years has reduced my efforts. Paid considerably more from a local than crc for my last bike, and had no end of problems dealing with them, meanwhile, crc have been very good for everything else….although not looking to start this endless argument again, I’m sure others would say the exact opposite!

Regardless, I’ve bought the ones from the other German website, really appreciate the link, and all the other help as well, cheers.

creamegg
    Free Member

Bike Components for tyres everytime. Loads cheaper than in the UK; I buy in bulk (usually 4-6) which lasts me ages, or order with other bits I need to offset cost of delivery

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Viz top tip – Looking for a nice pair of Hans Dampf tyres for your prized steed? Simply buy any old tyre and a pack of stanley blades, cut the knobs off and hey presto! Hans Dampf!!

😆

CheesybeanZ

Have you tried 29squadron.com .

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Best place to buy Schwalbe Hans Dampf’ is closed to new replies.