Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Best place to buy reverb from?
  • nickewen
    Free Member

Looking at ordering one and wondered if anyone knew of any reasonable deals kicking about online?

Also, on CRC there seems to be a couple of different kinds 2011/2012/MMX? Does anyone know the difference. And also is the bleed kit worth getting?

Cheers

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bleed kit is worth having as it’s impossible to bleed without it, it’s only £13 from somewhere like epic bleed kits rather than £35 for the SRAM one.

I got mine for £170 off CRC using one of the 10% codes and quidco cashback a while ago.

nickewen
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. So how do these 10% codes work then and how do you get them? I’m gonna be ordering a fair bit of gear over the next few days potentially from CRC and want to get the best deal…

Cheers

nickewen
    Free Member

Can anyone offer any advice on the above please?

Cheers

flyingmonkeycorps

Aye – what’s the difference betwixt a 2011 and 2012 model?

Scapegoat

Don’t know other than the colour of the collar.best deal I could find was 218 euros delivered with bleedkit,2012 model from hibike.de All the bargains at crc have sold out

flyingmonkeycorps

Is it black for the 2012 and silver for the 2011? Merlin had some good deals, but the site isn’t working for me at the moment.

honourablegeorge

There were some reliability improvements in mid 2011 – 2012 post will definitely have them, 2011 might.

wrecker
    Free Member

Don’t buy one from CRC whatever you do. I ordered a 2012, they delivered a 2011. I sent it back for exchange and they told me that’s all they have despite what it says on the site (still showing stock). Very disappointed as it was a good price.
    Dreadful service; won’t be ordering from them again if i can help it.
    Go to a german site.

rondo101
    Free Member

Check bike-components.de & bike-discount.de.

My wife bought hers from the former. £191 including the bleed kit; delivered in 4 days.

Scapegoat

Bike-discount now 239 euros with bleed kit. No matter how often I check crc I cannot find them on stock for less than 250 quid

anthonyb
    Free Member

Whats the deal with warrenty issues if buying a reverb through the german online retailers? Do you have to return to them? Or will the UK distributer handle any problems? Any one had any experience with this?

justatheory
    Free Member

I got mine from bike-discount.de with bleed kit. 2012 version for £190.

Scapegoat

They’re 239 euros plus 5,90 p&p now from Bike Discount.de and bike components.de.

They’re 209 euros plus 9.90 P&P from Hibike, Paypal exchanged that to £182 last night, 125mm drop, 380mm post, right hand MMX, bleed kit, 2012 model.

daveh
    Free Member

Depending on your specifics – I got mine from Merlin last week, 31.6mm 420mm non MMX right mount (luckily perfect for me) 2012 model, £198. It would have been £192 if I’d have remembered to use Topcashback. Bleed kit not included so I’ve ordered one from Ebay (£15). I know the warranty is world-wide but given dropper seatposts seem to have more than their fair share of issues I wanted to buy from the UK.

easygirl

SRAM have worldwide warranty, so buying in Germany and returning for warranty in u.k is fine
    Did it with a shock I bought a while ago, no problems

nickewen
    Free Member

Thanks for all of the info everyone. I now know a lot more about the Reverb – more complicated than I’d first thought!

Cheers

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Might be a bit late – but just to add – ordered from hi-bike.de on Monday, 30.9, left, inc bleed kit, £176.32 delivered, charged to my CC yesterday, due tomorrow.

Almost £80 cheaper than crc or merlin. I kindof feel bad about that – but our local guys – they are not even in the same ball park.

zerocool

LBS, support local companies before they all close down

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Best place to buy reverb from?’ is closed to new replies.