Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Best place to buy Hope Hoops just now?
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

Fed up of waiting on Wheelpro who clearly don't want my custom (look at their website – it says "Don't phone me, Stuart")

Anywhere else you'd recommend for Hope Pro 2 on Stans Crest rims?

Must be:

In stock
    Reasonable price (£250 ish)
    Good on delivery times

Ashley
    Free Member

I don't think anyone has the STAN's rim's in stock. I searched around a few weeks ago and they were all waiting on HOPE themselves. So good luck you may find some but I didn't

Jamie
    Free Member

18Bikes might have some according to this thread:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/crc-pro2s-with-flow-rimsanyone-else-waiting

(look at their website – it says "Don't phone me, Stuart")

It does?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I don't think anyone has the STAN's rim's in stock

That's what I feared. Winstanleys have them on their website but are showing zero stock. 18Bikes show only 355 rims.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

It does?

it says:

I am not taking any more orders until the stock supply situation improves. Please do not phone.

nuke

Fed up of waiting on Wheelpro who clearly don't want my custom (look at their website – it says "Don't phone me

I'm sure Roger would love to have your custom but if he can't get the stock, there is not a lot he can do. At least he is giving updates and is being honest about the situation. Buy them from somewhere else and I doubt you'd get any update…everybody is struggling to get them.

Zoolander
    Free Member

I had to cancel my pre order with Roger a couple of weeks ago due to the wait, not his fault though he's being messed around by the suppliers if you ask me.
    Got some mavic xm719s on pro twos from merlin instead.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Yup – I know it's not his fault due to supply chain issues but I'm a bit frustrated that he did seem to get some in and there seemed to be no way to order them as he had some pre-orders to satisfy (which he told me on the phone he wasn't taking).

I'd still order from him but I'm keen to get new wheels for the summer and I thought there might be somewhere that has them currently in stock. Appears not to be the case though.

Cheers anyway guys.

hora
    Free Member

What is wrong with 355's? I read somewhere (although the lads site could be biased due to his stock issue…. 😉 )

that 355's were fine for aggressive riding..

yesiamtom
    Free Member

stuartie_c i had exactly the same thing from roger musson. I didn't think his telephone manners were particularly good either. When i said i wanted to buy some of his wheels i was met with about 10 seconds of silence followed by a rather rude "if you had read the website you would see i have non in stock." Maybe the reason i was phoning is to enquire about preordering.

Ah well, hes still the cheapest by far so i may get them from him simply due to cost. Otherwise ill get my LBS to retrue them for me as they are very good.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

yesiamtom,

not a million miles from my experience on the phone to him…

hora
    Free Member

Why does he advertise a phone number then? I don't mind 'characters' – Big Al at wheelcraft is one- I bought my King wheelset from him 7yrs ago- I STILL remember the phone conversation with him now 😆

I don't do rude though. The fella might think 'yes your busy now but one day that business may dry up if your rude to future orders'…

nuke

I'm surprised as Roger couldn't have helped more when I bought from him…I wouldn't take it is as the norm. He's probably just tired of taking calls asking the same questions and it must be pretty frustrating that he can't sell something clearly so many people want.

hora
    Free Member

So if you can't immediately help a potential customer you thinks 'I'm not going to make any money taking this call so sod off mate-Im not wasting my time on you'?

The recession taught me one thing; don't take your customers for granted. They may dry up one day.

foxyrider
    Free Member

ZTR Crest and Flow status 29th June

All of the initial delivery is now sold out. I have others on order but cannot give a precise due date. Watch this space.

I am not taking any more orders until the stock supply situation improves. Please do not phone.

Give him a break no? I bet he is sick of the calls?

thwapy
    Free Member

Biketreks in Ambleside were showing one in stock yesterday. I've just ordered an AM4 from Bikescene and they had at least a set of Pro 2 Stans Flow with red hubs in stock me thinks….

GrahamA
    Free Member

I have just revived my Hope 2/Crest wheels that I pre-ordered from Roger. I realise that doesn't help but I think that Hope are struggling to full fill demand while they are moving.

You may find that other companies will take your order but not have the stock available, if you are desperate JRA are showing Crest as available but you are going to pay a lot more than buying them from Roger.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I looked a week ago, I bought a pair of deemaxs instead because no one had the flow instock.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Give him a break no? I bet he is sick of the calls?

He runs a retail business. Orders are his lifeblood. I'm not intending this to be a character assassination but there are ways to deal with potential customers making polite enquiries. He told me he wasn't accepting pre-orders when he clearly was.

foxyrider
    Free Member

He probably did Stuartie_c but then stopped when he wasn't getting any stock? But I guess some people may not be great on the end of a phone?

Anyway I have had no major issues with Wheel Pro myself.

hora
    Free Member

You know, I've had a Hope 20mm front wheel for a few years now. Not thought about it or had to think about it. Its a Hope Hoops with a DT5.1 rim.

I think thats just answered the question on the rim I need for my rear.

nuke

He told me he wasn't accepting pre-orders when he clearly was.

I think he did accept pre-orders and then satisfied them when the first stock came in. I'm presuming after that, when it transpired that stock was not going to be regular, he cancelled the pre-orders as it wouldn't be fair on people with the erratic stock levels.

Personally I'd buy from him again but I understand why you might be annoyed and not want to use him although it would be a shame imo

btw if anyone is after a set of Flows, unridden, I have a set I may sell.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I'm not saying I won't use him as I have no doubt he offers an excellent service. It just seemed to me that he was being inconsistent and a bit obtuse though it may be that he had changed his position on pre-orders due to erratic stock levels. This was back in mid-May, so it'd be interesting to know when GrahamA placed his order.

Anyway – it looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer which really isn't the end of the world.

GrahamA
    Free Member

I think I ordered them aground the the time of the Marin RoughRide. Roger said that he had only just started taking pre-orders when I spoke to him.

When I ordered them I got the impression that he was as frustrated as you are that he can't get stock.

Susie
    Free Member

I've been waiting for a pair of Pro 3's on Stan's 355's from Winstanley's since early May. First delivery estimate was 28 May, then last week, now it's 12 July.

rideit
    Free Member

Wheels in stock at biketreks in ambleside, AM4 on Stan's Flow format, which if you run a maxle rear is good news, as the bearings are larger and the axle is stronger. Hope that helps.

Northwind

The criticism of Wheelpro for not taking orders they can't fulfil is quite funny. Why not order some through Winstanleys, they'll accept your order for stuff they'll never be able to get in stock quite happily if that's what you desperately want.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

…if that's what you desperately want.

Perhaps you should read the full thread and respond in a less arsey tone, matey boy.

Northwind

I've read it, I think it's the tone it deserves. And I'm no Wheelpro sycophant, last time I spoke on the subject I got Roger so pissed off with me he decided to refuse my custom :mrgreen: But "shop takes preorders, finds out it can't reliably get stock, stops taking preorders" sounds perfectly reasonable. And "Shop says don't phone me about preorders" also seems completely reasonable. Now, still taking orders when you have no idea when you'll be able to get stock, that's s**t.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Then perhaps you're making a distorted interpretation of what I've said.

I didn't criticise him , per se, for not taking pre-orders; I did however criticise him for being a bit obtuse on the phone in response to a perfectly civil enquiry AND for seeming to be inconsistent on his stance on pre-orders.

I also said in my last-but-one post that I'd likely still use him because his service (and prices) seem to be viewed very favourably. Furthermore, I stated that I was happy to wait which is why your "if that's what you desperately want" comment is wide of the mark and sounds a bit bilious in tone.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Agree ref Winstanleys. They took my money too – nearly two months ago.

Northwind

Bilious eh? Wouldn't want that.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Best place to buy Hope Hoops just now?’ is closed to new replies.