Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • best place to buy garmin edge 810
  • yathers
    Free Member

Im looking for the 810 garmin, does anyone know of any discount codes/etc to save some cash on the mentioned unit. Cheers.

sam_underhill

Rose bikes seems to be the cheapest. I got Wiggle to price match their price.

The new 520 looks nearly as good as the 810 though. I haven’t done an in depth feature comparison, but it looks good.

sunnrider
    Free Member

Cheaper on Amazon than Rose Bikes, but it might be worth a look at the Twonav Anima, better gps imho.

yathers
    Free Member

Does the 520 do mapping?? Im not sure if does but could well be wrong.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yes, it does mapping. Check out dcrainmaker

bikeneil
    Free Member

The best or the cheapest? The ‘best’ would be to support you LBS, no?

m360
    Free Member

Cotswold Outdoor do 15% CTC discount, or price match.

peteimpreza

“The best or the cheapest? The ‘best’ would be to support you LBS, no? “

Why? my two local stores are useless. Why should they be supported just because they are local?

boblo
    Free Member

I thought Handtec were the cheapest in the known Universe?

bikeneil
    Free Member

Why? my two local stores are useless. Why should they be supported just because they are local?

That’s unfortunate. My LBS is ace!!!

excitable1
    Free Member

A close call price wise between Handtec and the Germans but the the Germans have it cus they have it in stock (which helps)…

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/praesenz/search?q=garmin+810

yathers
    Free Member

I do like the look of the new 520, but I don’t think it does route planning/turn by turn routes, so probably im best with the 810 as it’s the navigation im most interested in.

johnnystorm

The 520 doesn’t have much storage space for maps either.

yathers
    Free Member

What are peoples views on the 1000, worth the extra outlay over the 810?? Also does anyone know if they will be bringing out any more new units soon, as the 520 is now out, any others in the pipeline??

njee20
    Free Member

I love my 1000, only downsize is that it’s slightly larger than the 810, doesn’t bother me in the least.

boblo
    Free Member

Conversely, what features do you need that the 1000 has that the 810 doesn’t? Garmin does a lot of its dev/bug fixing post launch so sometimes it’s best not to be too keen with their products.

I’m still running a 705 as I can’t see a compelling reason to change (yet).

yathers
    Free Member

Well that’s what im asking, is the 1000 features worth it in real life experiences over the 810? Im not to sure id use them, but is maybe the better screen res worth it??

njee20
    Free Member

I think so, that is basically the difference now, I think the 810 can do everything functionally the 1000 can, except possibly the wifi, which is neat. Ride is uploaded before I’ve put the bike away. Hardly earth shattering though.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘best place to buy garmin edge 810’ is closed to new replies.