Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best place to buy currency?
  • will1
    Free Member

Anyone ever used FairFX to buy currency? Always used the bank but these look like a much better deal. Thanks

Rich
    Free Member

I got a currency card from them, but you can usually get a better rate for cash by checking out the companies here: Travel Money

yunki
    Free Member

I give you very best special price my good friend…
    Just send me your bank details and we get straight to work to make best bargain for you at this time

hh45
    Free Member

the Post Office, reasonable rates and no commission.

iDave
    Free Member

unless you're changing huge amounts, just use atm's and your cards abroad. one less flaff to deal with before a trip

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

we used the fair fx card a few weeks back in the states, no fuss worked a treat.

5lab

another vote for the moneysavingexpert site – you'll get a rate 5% better than pulling cash on your card.

geetee1972
    Free Member

My bank charges £2 per international transaction so depending on how much I'm taking out/paying for, it's either very cheap or ridiculously expensive.

The whole 'we don't charge commission' ruse is always amusing. The 'spread' is where they make their money, I.e. What they buy for and what they sell for. Sometimes the total difference is as high as 15% so their commission is effectively 7.5% each way.

No commission my hairy ares!

uplink
    Free Member

FairFX are great to deal with
    I have a Euro & $ card from them

Never bought paper currency off them though
    The money saving link above is good

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

for many years it was the royal watan on the pershore road in brum, but recently the masala club in redditch.

EDIT: oh currency… must stop speed reading! 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best place to buy currency?’ is closed to new replies.