Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Best place to buy Adobe CS?
  • si-wilson
    Free Member

Looking for a PC version of CS, where is best/cheapest to buy? Doesn’t have to be CS5.

julioflo
    Free Member

Haven’t tried this myself, but some of my younger colleagues on my MA download the trial version from adobe website. Then there is another website that gives you serials numbers to make the samples work. only catch is that you can not be connected at the same time as using the software….

si-wilson
    Free Member

Thanks, but would rather buy a legit copy 🙂

TPTcruiser

Si
    Which version you after?
    Adobe, official site has it for download. This will only be CS5.5
    You could try:
    http://charities.pugh.co.uk/
    http://www.charityexpressware.co.uk/gbu0-display/splash.html
    We are a charity so get education/charity discount.
    Otherwise Ebuyer may have some CS5 versions still.
    New versions of CS5.5 probably starts at £1k+!

tonyplym
    Free Member

Know any student types who can get an educational copy validated for you ?

si-wilson
    Free Member

Prob looking at the design or web premium suite. Need to find someone who is a student…

TPTcruiser

Education price: son or daughter? Adobe in junior schools!

We are still waiting on Insight coming back with a five user site license price on 3x Design and 2x Web. I am not sure if adding an extra seat would be a problem or may speed things along …

nickjb
    Free Member

Thanks, but would rather buy a legit copy

[quote]Need to find someone who is a student..[/quote]
    Which is it? 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

And be aware that if you buy a student copy, you can’t upgrade at the reduced price if / when you want to get a newer version. My student copy (I really was a student) was a false economy – I had to stump up again for a copy of CS3 when I outgrew PS7…. If you buy a full price version, upgrades are much, much cheaper.

zilog6128

Which is it?

Exactly, if you are planning on buying a student copy when you are not a student then you might as well save yourself the money and just rip it off. The legality will be exactly the same.

si-wilson
    Free Member

Fair point about the student thing, ill stick with a full version.

seosamh77
    Free Member
    flow
    Free Member

Piratebay

nickwatson
    Free Member

Or do an evening course in something relating to photography/design, then buy the student version yourself for about £140. That plus course fees of approx £100, make it cheaper than the £900 full price – and you might learn something useful! That’s what I did.

Nick

mightymarmite
    Free Member

If you can find yourself a legitimate earlier copy, i.e. CS / CS2 you then only need to pay for the upgrade which is normally around £160, which you can then use on two machines.

Theres bound to be a few copies knocking about from those that have already upgraded.

bluebird
    Free Member

CS / CS2 you then only need to pay for the upgrade which is normally around £160

An upgrade from CS2 is £667.20

🙄

mightymarmite
    Free Member

An upgrade from CS2 is £667.20

Amazon have it for under £200 … and the Adobe site normally have it for less.

amazon

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Best place to buy Adobe CS?’ is closed to new replies.