Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best place to buy a rockshox reverb?
  • julians
    Free Member

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone knows anywhere selling reverbs cheap? Have done a google, and come up with alltricks.fr, but wondering if anyone knows of any other deals being offered.

Am looking for a reverb stealth 150mm drop, in 31.6mm seatpost diameter.

br
    Free Member

Soomewhere UK-based for when it has a warranty issue, and make sure you get one with the bleed-kit as you’ll probably need it after fitting.

julians
    Free Member

Soomewhere UK-based for when it has a warranty issue, and make sure you get one with the bleed-kit as you’ll probably need it after fitting.

funny you mention that, I already have a reverb which has developed a problem , so its gone back under warranty, however Royal mail have very helpfully lost it for me. So whilst I dont hold out much hope of their insurance paying out, even if it does, the ‘SLA’ for resolving lost items is 90 working days, so whilst I wait for royal mail to tell me that they wont be paying out for my lost seatpost, I need to suck it up and get myself a new one.

and as a result, I dont need the bleedkit as I already have one.

creamegg
    Free Member

This is why I’d be tempted to use one of the very efficient German retailers who has great customer care and will provide a pre-paid courier to sort out returns and warranties, which IME has a quicker turn-around than an UK based retailer. Prices usually better too

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A shop you can talk to

mrchrispy

I’ve a new and boxed reverb that I might sell (just never got round ti fitting it), I’ll check the dimensions when hit the man cave tonight

toppers3933
    Free Member

go to your local bike shop and ask them to get you one and ask them to price match somewhere cheap. fishers will match any price allowing a margin for the dealer. if that makes sense. you get to deal with a local shop and your local shop gets to make a little bit of money on something that they weren’t going to make any money on previously.

honourablegeorge

mikewsmith – Member
    A shop you can talk to

Bike-components have an excellent Online chat, with lots of folks with excellent English (and lots of them are very enthusiastic about their bikes, I’ve ended up chatting to them for ages). Any question or issue I’ve had has always been sorted out super quickly. One warranty failure, which was replaced no questions asked at no postage cost to me.

They’re cheaper, easier to contact and more reliable than any other online retailer I can name.

drovercycles
    Free Member

go to your local bike shop and ask them to get you one and ask them to price match somewhere cheap. fishers will match any price allowing a margin for the dealer. if that makes sense. you get to deal with a local shop and your local shop gets to make a little bit of money on something that they weren’t going to make any money on previously.

^^This. They won’t necessarily match **any** price, but within reason, your LBS should be able to match like-for-like most online quotes.

If people prefer to deal with bike-components or the like because they’re friendlier and more efficient than your LBS, by all means do that. But please don’t do it because you somehow think they’re going to be cheaper. For Rockshox stuff, they generally won’t be, if you ask for a price-match. If you don’t ask, your LBS can’t do it – unless specifically price-matching, they’re paying way, way more for the product than these online people are. But there are processes in place to allow us to compete, and all it requires is for customers to ask.

Of course we’d all like a level playing field where we could buy at the same rates Bike-Components or whoever do, but we’re not there yet. What we do have is a pretty decent solution and we need to get the message out to folks that you don’t any longer have to buy online/from Europe to get the best deal.

br
    Free Member

fishers will match any price allowing a margin for the dealer.

Never knew that, good to know.

DickBarton

I’ve not seen any sale items of the 150mm drop and I don’t know where the cheapest would be but most of the main online shops price match…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best place to buy a rockshox reverb?’ is closed to new replies.