• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by cp.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Best place to buy a PC
  • Englishmastiff
    Free Member

I have a laptop that really isn't very good, doesn't have word and get worryingly hot!! I am starting up a business and need a good solid PC with word, office, excell etc.
    Not really being into computers, I would gravitate to the likes of PC world.
    Are there any other places you would reccomend? The computer will have to be put on the never never so I probably won't be able to go to a small shop and get one built.
    And does anyone use or can anyone reccomend a logo design software?

Cheers all.

Englishmastiff
    Free Member

Come on!!! Supposed to be buying it tomorrow morning (organised as always)

berni
    Free Member

dell, they don't break down!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DM52
    Free Member

Dell.co.uk – nothing fancy but a solid workhorse used by a lot of the corporates.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member
    rockthreegozy
    Free Member

My Dell is five years and one month old. One faulty CD drive, no other issues.

CTML
    Free Member

I would be strongly against PC World, having built up a bit of computer experience over the years they are generally more expensive and less well specced that many other internet brands. Personally, i'd buy an Apple, much more simple and fast once you get to grips with the basics, if not http://www.meshcomputers.com are always a reliable choice.

fubar
    Free Member

PC World have some (and only some) decent deals – just like Currys, Comet etc…just don't believe a word they say. Know what you want before hand.
    John Lewis and you will get an extra years warranty.
    Mesh are not always reliable…a colleague had real trouble with them a couple of years ago. Dell can break (mine did, as did a few at work…faulty batch of drives a few years ago which Dell denied despite it being an acknowledged problem in the USA)…so it's a lottery really!

zaskar
    Free Member
    vdubber67
    Free Member

I bought one off here for £65, met the chap in a layby near Rotherham!!

Much better than PC world 😉

cp

the dell vostro range is fantastic for what it sounds like you need.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Best place to buy a PC’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts