Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Best place to buy a 125 2-stroke bike!
  • alexxx
    Free Member

I’m looking at getting a 125 to play on in the fields and hear a yz125 is a good starting bike – Is anyone on here into motox bikes and can they give me some pointers on where and what to look for?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

YZ is a great bike, 2006 onwards if you can afford it, but as you are buying 2nd hand condition will trump brand really. Wasted on fields, you’ll be wanting a trip to a full moto track before long.

Try here
    http://forums.mxtrax.co.uk/forum.php

Check everything carefully, don’t get excited by new plastics and graphics which will make any old POS look new – check out tyres, spokes, pads, chain and ask about oil, air filter and piston changes (answers you want to hear are 3-4 rides, every ride and 20 hours).

Lots of work to keep tip top, lots of fun and hold the value if you do.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Motocross bikes are race bikes. Top end tear down every 30 hours. You spend more time working on them than riding them. When they go bang, and they do, it gets very expensive.

If you have to ask then make is irrelevent, there’s so little between the makes. Buying a used one is about who you’re buying it off. Look at the seller, not the bike.

As above, Mxtrax is a good place to start, ebay is worth a look.

oldnick

And try and get some proof that they didn’t nick it, I only bought bikes that had the original shop receipt (until I bought my KTM SX250 brand new 🙂 )

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Best place to buy a 125 2-stroke bike!’ is closed to new replies.