Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Best place online for framebag materials?
  • stompy

I’m OK with a sewing machine (ie: have only sewn my fingers to my face once) and am quite tight so thought I would have a go at making up my own frame bags and kit….

Do any of you fine people know of a good online purveyor of such materials needed?

I’d rather get it all in one place as I’d need it shipping out here to Croatia and don’t want to pay loads of postage…. See above.

Any help muchly appreciated.

Esme
    Free Member

Point North?

Or possibly Extrem Textil in Germany?

rene59
    Free Member

I’ve used this company before for some outdoor gear projects in the past.

http://www.pennineoutdoor.co.uk/fabrics

mattsccm
    Free Member

I use the stuff they make those whopping big white tents used at show. Probably similar to the curtain sides on some lorries. Easy to use.

tjagain

http://www.pennineoutdoor.co.uk/fabrics

all the buckles and toggles and stuff available from them as well

stompy

Crikey, that was quick….

Thanks guys, Stirling service.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

otherwise get hold of a cheapish large holdall made of half decent stuff and hack it up.
    that’s what i did, but i had been hoarding webbing, velco etc for years

superleggero
    Free Member

I already had a cover for the rear half of the bike (by SciCon: https://uk.sciconbags.com/products/protection/wheels/rear-bike-cover ) but needed something for the front half which would fit on the bike with the front wheel off and the handlebars flat with the frame – for sliding in and out of the car boot. This was not available ‘off the shelf’.

So I had a ‘front half’ cover made up by a seamstress (my aunt). I bought a full size black nylon ripstop bike cover from Amazon which she then cut up according to a pattern I’d cobbled together and sewed it.

This was quite cheap way to buy the fabric part of the cover. I did however splash out on chunky oversize YKK zips – so no chance of sticking or splitting. I also reinforced the cover at the contact/wear points by applying Gorilla tape on the inside with a few strategicaly placed bits of foam padding.

I’ve been using it for a couple of years now and it’s performed well – protecting the car and the bike.

middleagedmadness
    Free Member

If you use the curtain material you can use a heat gun and roller to make the basic shape ,so none of the seems will need sewing making it waterproof,don’t worry about it coming unstuck there’s a good few trailers going round with patches I put on 5+ years ago

jamiesilo
    Free Member

where do you get curtain-sider material then?

middleagedmadness
    Free Member

Any truck spares place ,truck and trailer ,fp and s ,but you may have to buy a roll ,if your not in any rush send me the dimensions and when I’m back on nights beginning of Feb I should be able to get you some but it will be navy blue , other than that if you see one of the mobile repair vans knocking about ( there is 100s out there now) stop the mechanic and ask him if he can sell you a length

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Best place online for framebag materials?’ is closed to new replies.