Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best place for nipples?
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

And spokes? Looking for some ACI with alloy nips but all I can find is CRC with DT inc brass nips, and they're 15 quid plus 18 quid for the nips for one wheel. Ughh.

Coleman
    Free Member

God! Those nips are expensive. I've just bought some from my lbs for 3p each.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

boobies obviously :o)

foxyrider
    Free Member

Nope I think your wrong – the extra money is for upgrades – i.e. pro-lock (worthless) and anodised in diff colurs. the std brass nips included if you buy a wheel. If you buy DT Swiss Competition Stainless DB Spokes with nipples are £15 – dont know where you got the £8 for nipples from?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Simon, excellent 🙂

coleman – alloy nips, not the stock brass ones that come with the spokes.

foxy – who is wrong?I'm not wrong in any way, shape or form. Are you mis-reading me?

Alloy nipples, £18. http://chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=34015

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yeh – Anodized! These arn't std alloy nipples Coffeeking! I'm not getting on ya case dude but find some std alloys – I hate alloys BTW they sheer and deform and break IMHO!

Edit: Linky

Box of 100 £11 or so? I'm sure you can buy them individually but £11 for 2 wheels is good I think?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Foxy, not getting you your case either but…..

Looking for some ACI with alloy nips but all I can find is CRC with DT inc brass nips

🙂 I never said I was looking for pro-lock at any point, and I want the red ones and expect to pay a slight premium for it, but regardless the last time I bought red anod alloy nips the were a fiver for a wheels worth! Hence I wanted to know where else sells nipples!

I love alloy nips, massively lighter in a place that counts, only shear if you use a poor quality key IME. They do sieze up if you're not careful to grease them though.

Coleman
    Free Member

Coffeeking – Oops! Sorry, should read more carefully.

Although, unless you want fancy coloured ano nips, brass ones are much stronger, won't corrode and add hardly any weight.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I seen them fracture and bust I must say but I agree with the spoke key quality! 🙂

My Pro-lock was a just a diversion sorry.

http://www.parker-international.co.uk/5266/DT-Swiss-Alloy-Nipples.html

£20 for box of 100 any good or do you want them with the spokes?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Coleman – NP 😀
    Good spot there foxy – thats more like it pricewise! Cheers!

Kinda disagree on the weight though, I recently weighed out 36 brass and 36 alloy nips, the alloys weighed 12g in total, the brass were 70g. 60g is a lot of weight near the rim. Strengthwise – I've been running alloy nips on X17 rims for years, I weigh 105kg and ride hard downhill – never had a nipple let go!

Drac

Iceland, that's why Dad's go to Iceland.

coffeeking
    Free Member

😀

Coleman
    Free Member

Coffeeking – I'm out now! Youre right, 60g off rotating weight is worth having.
    Cheers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best place for nipples?’ is closed to new replies.