Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best place for Euros?
  • yoshimi

Off to France next week 😀 Where is the best place to convert my Sterling to Euros?
    Cheers

uplink
    Free Member
    yoshimi

cheers for that

juan
    Free Member

Continental europe

Sorry sorry

IGMC
    You could always get your pounds into the “banque de France” or “la Poste”. You’ll get a better rate

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve used my local PO recently. Order online and collect from the shop – decent rates. Our PO is only 1 mile away though.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Yup, ATM when you are out there. Use your debit/credit card when you can so you do as little currency conversion as possible

steveh

My local “the money shop” always has the best rates I can find. They’ll always do a bit better than the listed rate if you ask. You do feel a bit of a pikey though.

steveh

My local “the money shop” always has the best rates I can find. They’ll always do a bit better than the listed rate if you ask. You do feel a bit of a pikey though.

MrOvershoot

Just back from 2 weeks at my mothers in France & I didn’t take a single Euro. I just used my card, like I do here.

yoshimi

I hear what you guyts are sayiong about using the card but I think most of my money will be spent on beer and snacks etc

phinbob

I’ve just used the PO – order online and pick up from the local one, was pretty much the best rate (a few others were 0.01% better).

DrJ

As above – use your ATM card in Froggy cash machines.

lowey

I hear what you guyts are sayiong about using the card but I think most of my money will be spent on beer and snacks etc

And medical equipment ?

whimsicalchris
    Free Member

Tescos seem to get good at the moment.

jon1973
    Free Member

Don’t forget the uplift charge when using your CC. Usually a minimum £2.50 a pop for cash transactions (or 2% which ever is higher) so don’t use it for lots of small amounts. Best to use debit cards.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best place for Euros?’ is closed to new replies.