Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Best place for an engagement ring purchase?
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

I got one from Rennie & Co., Hatton Garden. Recommended.

ScotlandTheScared

I got my wife’s engagement ring made at a local jeweller in Edinburgh (not a chain jeweller). Basically, he got in several diamonds for me to choose from and then asked what I wanted the band made from and also how I wanted it designed. It is therefore a one-off, handmade (not machine made) and has exactly the diamond I wanted. It was about £1600 and that was a something around a 0.6 carat with double platinum band so really it was pretty good value with the extra importance of it having been designed by myself so is totally unique.

mark90
    Free Member

I made the mistake of getting my missus a platinum engagement ring. Then she had to have a platinum wedding ring and now a platinum eternity ring. If I’d thought the whole thing through properly at the start she’d have had 9ct gold from Ratners 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nicko74

Can we get an update from the OP, since we’re reviving this pointless thread? Did she say yes? Are you now divorced? Was the ring any good?

I’m already getting flooded with identical diamond ring ads on this forum now. Behavioural Targeting at its best…

Rubber_Buccaneer

The trouble is it’s a thread subject that attracts spammers then some idiot like me replies and voila an ancient thread returns. I almost feel guilty 😳

billyblackheart
    Free Member

I’ll be going through the antique merchants to find something utterly unique and with a history i reckon.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Best place for an engagement ring purchase?’ is closed to new replies.