Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best place for a mega-cheap suit?
  • CrumpledCartlidge
    Free Member

Hi

Not really a suit kind of person but need one, probs will only use it once or twice so dont want to spend money on it.

Of the places where you can buy cheap suits (tesco, george, primark, etc), which one delivers an acceptable/least crap suit?

Cheers,
    Nathan

TooTall
    Free Member

How cheap do you want to look? If you are only using it a couple of times, the implication is that you want/need to look smart. If you need it for fancy dress, Asda. Smart for a reason? Go to M&S.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Charity shop?

freddyg
    Free Member

Where are you based?

Consider somewhere like Downtown, Grantham or McArthur Glen. I go my last work suit from Downtown in January. £500+ suit for £110. It looks fine and, my colleagues tell me, that it'll be back in fashion again soon.

Oh yesssss.

binners

Cheap suits tend to look exactly that

Have you thought about Oxfam or somewhere. Seriously. Especially the Oxfam vintage shops in the bigger cities. My mate managed to pick up a really classically tailored suit for what he'd have paid for some piece of dishcloth.

Or look in the big department stores and see what they've got in the sales. I recently picked up a really nice Hardy Amies shirt to wear for an interview. They had them all reduced from £110 to £35 in Kendals in the sale. Have a look around

chakaping
    Free Member

probs will only use it once or twice

Is it for a court appearance?

Even if you plead guilty you'll probably need it three times at least.

molgrips
    Free Member

I'd say M&S. £80 a suit when I looked before and they look fine.

Macavity
    Free Member

Oxfam

donsimon
    Free Member

There's a place in Manchester, Slaters I think it's called, up near Picadilly Gardens (I think). Good quality and cheap. Have you guys got Zara?
    Reasonable looking suits for not much Peseta! Sales anywhere? One of those retail villages or whatever they're called, I got an Yves St Laurent for just about half price several years ago from Ellesmere Port Retail Village/Park/Centre.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Have you considered grave robbing? Just a thought…

ddmonkey

Vietnam?

binners

VanHalen

thailand.

my ones are nice. even generating comments to that effect!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best place for a mega-cheap suit?’ is closed to new replies.