Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • Best piece of bike clothing you ever bought?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Tough call either my Gore oxygen softshell or my shimano mw81 boots

colournoise

Fox Antifreeze gloves. First ride with them today. Temp close to zero and still zero Reynaud’s related issues. Hooray!

ashfanman
    Free Member

Shimano AM41
    Ugly, ugly, ugly, but a massive step up from the skate shoes I used to wear. Comfortable, grippy and really durable – ridden into the ground over past 18 months without fault.

Helly Hansen Warm Ice Crew
    Used to always ride in pure merino, but picked up one of these in the sale a few months ago and it’s been a revelation. All the warmth and anti-stink benefits of merino but with the added better wicking and faster drying properties of lifa. Perfick.

Specialized BG Ridge gloves
    Fit me like, well, a glove, and seemingly indestructible – my current pair has survived over four years of heavy use and several runs through the washing machine yet still look almost brand new.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aldi gloves – not 2012 but 2008. The windstopper style ones , love em

Wookster

S-works MTB lid!

Flaperon

Endura Humvee shorts. Indestructible and comfortable.

Coyote
    Free Member

5.10 shoes
    Endura Humvee shorts
    Assorted Sombrio tops

bigdean

On one merino vest bases, waffer thin can be packed into a sandwich bag for wet weather to keep dry. So good have got 5. Shame they gone up market with the new batch.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Endura kneewarmers bought off here for £7.

Or my Rapha jerseys 😉

mattsccm
    Free Member

Campagnolo wool tights with real chamois inner from Barry Davies shop in upper Bangor in 1983.Still use them in the winter as they are far nicer than lycra and roubaix fabrics.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Skins base layer in a CRC sale – think its actually a snow board one?

It was dirt cheap – £13 ish………

Fkn bargain! 🙂

DaddyFool
    Free Member

My Hebo trials gloves. Lovely kit, not the longest lasting but you can’t have everything.

……and all the pairs of £15 Vans I cleaned out of my local TK Max a couple of years ago. Bargain.

postierich
    Free Member

Shimano goretex boots and Gaiters (Berghaus)

DSCF2463[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

ontor
    Free Member

castelli road top is 26 years old. buffalo top is probably 16 years old too but has been worn LOTS.

sambob
    Free Member

Funkier bibshorts, absolutely brilliant. 6 days riding in the Alps with no issues.
    Endura Superlite shorts, fantastic for keeping my arse dry.

paule
    Free Member

Dhb roubaix 3/4 bibs are great
    Aldi gillet, windproof front and mesh back. Worn many many times in 6 years and still going strong.

Leading edge (sadly long gone company) made to measure Buffalo style top. A bit tatty looking now (after 17 years) but mostly becau i left dog treats in the back pocket and my dog ate the fabroc to get to them! Superb bit of kit, a bit less warm than the Buffalo so ok in below zero rather than just in the arctic!

matt_outandabout

Waterproof shorts.

drslow
    Free Member

Gore phantom soft shell with detachable sleeves. Amazing, versatile, reduced in sale! Or any of my merino base layers. So good.

kimbers

aftger 8 years and many hours in the saddle my swobo liner shorts are dying

sadly swobo have stopped making them!

firestarter
    Free Member

Still not sure about those on the bike rich 😉

BrickMan

Rapha Vneck base layer, mega bucks at full price, and kind of, no actually hipster, but, its very high quality, and I’ve worn it almost non stop for 3 months for work, for road and for MTB, been washed only maybe 5 times in that period when any other piece of gear would have rotted with all the sweat and filth.

I think at the full price, even though its great, i wouldn’t buy another, but at the £35 offer they are sometimes on, I’d buy 2 more and wear them actually non stop.

cinnamon_girl

Gore Windstopper jacket along with their gloves.

dougieb
    Free Member

Montane Dyno Jacket – superb. Very breathable and never felt I need anything more. Second place – Sealskin Socks.

neiloxford
    Free Member

Not cycling specific clothing, but worn a lot cycling are my Rab Neoshell Jacket and Rab Vapour Rise Jacket, incredible bits of kit.

landcruiser
    Free Member

reggiegasket – Member
    the original Gore N2S windstopper Phantom

Just an ace jacket. None of the ‘modern’ softshells can beat it.

This…….

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Didn’t actually buy it but I was given a pair of bib shorts as an apology for a shop screwing up an order*. Up until then I hadn’t realised just how comfortable they were. Never bought non bib shorts since.

* not that an apology was strictly necessary as the screw up was the importer but the shop owner felt bad about it.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Rab Neoshell Jacket

I have one of these and it’s without doubt the best hardshell jacket I’ve ever owned, but I’d be too scared to wear it on the bike – the thought of ripping it in a crash… 😯

bspoked
    Free Member

Endura Downhill Shorts.

RustySpanner

Decathlon half zip cycling base layers/jerseys from about 7 years ago.
    Very big zipped side pockets – perfect for stuffing a shell into.

Aldi waterproof jacket, about 8 years old.
    80%-90% as good as my Gore Alp X II, but only £20.00.

Buffalo shirt from many years ago – great bit of kit.
    Dunno what happened to it, lost in a move I think, but I’m not paying £140.00 for a new one.

somafunk

My swobo baggy shorts wi the almost airtex liner that kimbers posted above, must be a good 6 yrs old by now but still going strong.

Any of my 3 pairs of Sidi mtb shoes over the past 14 years, admittingly they’ve been the high end Sidis at exorbitant prices for a pair of shoes that get muddy but the fit and performance has been outstanding and well worth the initial outlay.

My Sugoi RS lycra shorts, been wearing this brand/style since 2004/05 and they are perfect.

My new Northwave Celsius Arctic winter boots must get a mention here – perfect winter boots.

My Rapha Fixed merino jersey from 2007, bought in their sale and never worn on the bike in anger but it’s worn on a weekly basis for general clothing and still looks smart and held it’s shape over the past 5+ years, wish i’d bought more of them.

hairyscary

reggiegasket – Member
    the original Gore N2S windstopper Phantom
    Just an ace jacket. None of the ‘modern’ softshells can beat it.

This…….

This for me too.

flyingmm

Goretex socks…..sadly never made it into long-term production. Useless for walking/running but the perfect biking accessory

zelak999
    Free Member

Endura Baa Baa base layer for me.

Muke
    Free Member

Does this count as bike clothing ?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewVEK-AElDY[/video]

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Owayo cycle jerseys made up in club design with my tag printed on the back of the neck. Lovely fit and look and cooling to wear.

Helly base layer in cool weather still looks box fresh after years

Recently got the endura spray back shorts which are rapidly becoming my favourite

bikebouy
    Free Member

Raphas 3/4 bibs.

vondally
    Free Member

roach shorts

specialized bg gloves

cannondale long sleeved thermal top

cannondale fleece gillet with fat head logo

lab gear polartech light fabric

ground effect sub merino

decathlon skin base layer

karrimor powerstretch legginings ….bit frankenstien looking nowe as stitched tohether

nickhart
    Free Member

i wish they still made roach shorts. i still have mine from back in the day and they’re still as bomb proof as back then brilliant. i’d also list the pace winteractive jacket. again still going strong, pretty battered now but a brilliant piece of kit.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

DHB 1/4 zip longsleave 150 merino base layer.
    Have had it for 2-3 years now. I don’t think I’ve ridden without it, either on its own or as a layer at all this last 12 months. It rarely gets washed, fits like a glove and doesn’t seem to be wearing out any time soon

Jase
    Free Member

Team MK Winter softshell jacket. Cost £50 and is super warm.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Best piece of bike clothing you ever bought?’ is closed to new replies.