Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Best piece of bike clothing you ever bought?
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

I have a gilet I bought about 6-7 years ago, I wear it all year round and its still going strong! Sometimes over a jersey in the summer and with jersey, arm warmers in Spring/Autumn. Been wearing it over a long sleeve jersey on winter rides. Can barely imagine riding without it now. One of the best pieces of bike clothing I ever bought.

Close 2nd goes to my Gore Bike Wear gloves, I have yet to experience cold hands while wearing them!

Yours??

trailmoggy
    Free Member

I’d say the pearl Izumi toe covers I wear when on my road bike, they just take that nip off your toes.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

A set of Roach Indy iirc dh pants circa 2000

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

£10 leg warmers off ebay.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Berghaus Gilet/Jacket

tomhoward

Planet x Roubaix tights. I haven’t been cold on the bike since buying them. They do exactly what they say they will and fit me like a glove.

Very closely followed by my new altura mayhem jacket.

Basil

Patagonia Wool 4 quarter zip

glupton1976
    Free Member

Castelli windstopper jacket. Bought it around 15 years ago. Still going strong.

jonnyrockymountain

My gore bib tights !!!!! Mmmmmmm

boxfish
    Free Member

Mavic Notch shorts – so comfy
    Northwave Celsius boots – mmm, toasty feet

honourablegeorge

North Face windstopper jacket fast becoming a huge fave, but above that, Sombrio Epik shorts. Just so confy.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Endura Jaffa jacket. 10 years plus and still going strong

lucky822928
    Free Member

Leg and arm warmers from Lidl for £7.99. Great quality as well.

avdave2

Lusso thermal bib tights bought over 20 years ago.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Qranc XC gloves for £2.99, really, really comfy, have had them 10 years. Nuff said.

Those and DX shoes.

Oh and my knee-pads.

tonyd

Gore windstopper gilet
    Gore waterproof shorts
    Campag bib shorts
    Campag winter bib tights

nickc

1. Ground effect 3/4 (they have some daft name…it escapes me) lovely fleecy bits on the knees, they are just starting to go baggy after maybe 10 years.
    2. Sidi Dominators, unbelievably brilliantly comfortable shoes. expensive but worth every penny.
    3. Troy Lee XC gloves, simply no equal.
    4. the many buffs I have, all of which are cut in half, then they are more perfect.

Northwind

I love my Fox Poacher jerseys. Great fit, nice feel, and I love the asymetrical graphics- not too gaudy either.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Endura 3/4 winter bib shorts.
    Kona merino wool long sleeve top.
    Oakley M frames.

Jamie
    Free Member

Craft Windstopper baselayer, and Aldi winter gloves.

Swayndo
    Free Member

DX shoes and Rab Vapor Rise smock. Sure, the latter isn’t bike specific, but there is no better winter top over a merino T-shirt. IMO of course.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Buffalo Windshirt. Still going strong since I got it in 1993

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Ground Effect Submerino
    Got this about five years ago and wear it on most rides. I wear it as a mid or outer layer. It’s proven to be hard wearing and versatile and really good value considering the amount of use it has had. Also got an older pair of their 3/4 longs which I really like.

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Helly Hansen Lifa. The short sleeve is comfortable for 7 hours getting lost in the hills in summer.

The long sleeve is nice and warm but still lets air through to stop you overheating on those days where it’s just too cold for the short sleeve.

easygirl

Gore wind stopper jacket
    Warm and showerproof, love watching the water bead off it
    Must get out more 🙂

andycs

Gore windstopper gilet and Defroster boots.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Rapha tweed jacket, that and the kidskin gloves.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Assos mille bib shorts – he pad and fit just seem suit me perfectly.

The downside is the expense, think it was about £140 when i got mine but they are more expensive now. So over the last year i’ve tried to economise a bit, save the mille for long days in the saddle and get some other half decent bibs for shorter rides. Nothing comes close though and i’ve ended up spending about double what another pair of the milles would have cost 🙁

tomhoward

Completely forgot about Troy Lee xc gloves, despite having 3 pairs. Sign of a great product, you forget it’s there!

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Orange bean bag top, still going strong after 15 years!

Neoprene tubes I made myself and wear on my ankles to properly seal my winter boots. It’s got to be really chuffing wet before I get wet feet.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

– DHB toe covers.
    – Cautiously optimistic when I say my new Endura Strike gloves. Seem to take that freezing edge off the weather.
    – Pearl Izumi softshells also a contender. Got an Elite and the lower model down too. Like wearing them so much that I’ve now lost too much weight and need to size down 🙁

njee20
    Free Member

Assos Roubaix tights.

heebyjeeby

There was a manufacturer a few years ago, now sadly gone, called parrot who made great gear.
    I remember fondly there baggy shorts which were am perfect cut which I still seek but have never attained from any other manufacturer, highlanders I think they were called.
    Their gilets were good too

reggiegasket
    Free Member

the original Gore N2S windstopper Phantom

Just an ace jacket. None of the ‘modern’ softshells can beat it.

KonaTC

Winter Boots = warm toes

Burchy1
    Free Member

Probably my Santini roubaix 3/4s

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Northwave artic winter boots,
    Closely followed by endura FS-250 winter jersey.

Kryton57

My craft active extreme base, the one with the wind proof panel in the chest. An awesome piece ok kit.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Either my lake winter boots or my Spesh winter bib tights
    Both have transformed winter rides from a chore to a fun day out.

Or maybe arm warmers for unexpected cold evenings

saladdodger
    Free Member

with the weather as it is tomorrow I will say the Buffalo cycle shirt I bought 18 years ago

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Best piece of bike clothing you ever bought?’ is closed to new replies.