Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best photo hosting site?
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

just hit the upload buffer on my personal flickr acct. Before I go off and create a ‘pro’ acct in the business name should I consider other providers?
    Ta
    Chris

Stoner
    Free Member

picasaweb from google.

their image management software is very good and links seamlessly with the online host.

The online gallery is far better than flickr too IMO. Decent size images and gallery views.

feel free to browse mine.
    http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/northmalvern

DrJ

The potential advantage of flickr is that it is a “community” site, not just hosting, sort of facebook-with-photos.

That may appeal to you, or it may not 🙂

lowey

Was thinking about this myself as getting a bit hacked off with Fotopic, making direct linking harder… I to am nearing my 2 gig allowance. I dont really like Flikr but like the look of Picasaweb. What storage do you manage with Picasa, is it linked to your gmail allowance, as I have around 7 gig on that.

druidh
    Free Member

I’m liking Flickr at the moment. The cost of a “Pro” subscription seems well worth it for the additional capacity and ability to create more Sets and Collections.

matt_outandabout

Flikr for me – I like the whole commenting / viewing / bin-ninja esque fun that can be had, plus it was simple for mrs_oab to understand how to upload and manage stuff – great value as well.

Stoner
    Free Member

you get a 1Gb allowance with picasaweb not linked to your google mail allowance – although the two systems are linke dby your login and account/email details.

prices for more storage
    https://www.google.com/accounts/PurchaseStorage?hl=en_GB

10 GB ($20.00 USD per year)
    40 GB ($75.00 USD per year)
    150 GB ($250.00 USD per year)
    400 GB ($500.00 USD per year)

Although since the management software uploads so easily, I have no problems keeping most of my stuff locally and uploading what I want to show to family or hotlink to posts.

twohats
    Free Member

Picasa for me too.

GrahamS

What storage do you manage with Picasa, is it linked to your gmail allowance, as I have around 7 gig on that.

You get 1GB of storage on Picasa Web Albums.
    You can upgrade though:

10 GB ($20.00 USD per year)
    40 GB ($75.00 USD per year)
    150 GB ($250.00 USD per year)
    400 GB ($500.00 USD per year)

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I reached the limit on my Flickr last month and needed to get some more pics loaded for friends to view. So I just created another account on Photobucket. I suppose having 2 photo albums on different host sites might end up being a pain prehaps.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Cheers all, will have a look around at your suggestions over lunch…..

<takes a walk to the pie shop 🙂 >

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Flickr

Was better when the dollar was weaker as you could get a pro account with unlimited uploads for £12.50. It’s still good value though.

I love Flickr!

coogan
    Free Member

Flickr. I’ve got a pro account, easy to use, plenty of groups to join, updates you when mates post new photos, has a nice stand alone piece of software for uploading. Only used Fotopic in the past, which was a pretty crap.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best photo hosting site?’ is closed to new replies.