Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • best phone for photos and mainipulation apps?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

looking for a phone to replace my xperia… my main use of it is for for my business. taking shots, often manipulating with apps, fb/twitter them etc.

i don’t do instagram but its something i need to get onto, also pinterest and whatever next weeks must follow sm site is.

did a quick google search last night and the the iphone came out about the best, suprise surprise, but anyone have any other views?

TheFopster
    Free Member

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/10/01/apple-iphone-5-review

There is a Nokia with better camera but so many apps hard to see better option than the inevitable and ubiquitous iPhone…

stuarty
    Free Member

Photoshop lite for android is pretty powerfull that leaves a big selection of android phones to chose from including the new xperia

jam-bo

Been pretty impressed with the camera in the iPhone 5. Definitely a big step up from the one in the 4.

Cougar

What’s wrong with the Xperia?

(not suggesting that it’s wrong to change, but understanding why you want to replace it would help with recommendations)

colournoise

Always found Photoshop Express a bit too light for any decent image editing (I also find it isn’t as well integrated into the OS as some other apps). I use Picsay Pro myself on my Desire HD and Nexus 7.

footflaps

iPhone 5 vs iPhone 4s examples here. NB Not a lot in it.

joemarshall
    Free Member

There are a couple of cameras that are android based, but not actually phones.

They’re wifi only for uploading, but it means you can do things like facebook uploading directly from the camera.

They are standard compacts, so have bigger lenses and sensors, so they’ll almost certainly take much better pictures than any cameraphone.

I don’t know how much they are, or whether they’re widely available yet though.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

noting really wrong with the xperia. i’m out of contract, switched it to payg whilst i’m making my mind up. the phones 2 years old, its well used, and is slowing down… hence the change.

my interest is the whole iphoneography thing. the apps i have are ok on the android, but i always felt/wondered if there was more possible with an iphone.

just discovered a few sites/blogs today whilst looking at what iphone apps were about, there just seems to be more going on with it than anything android i’ve seen.

maybe wrong, don’t know, hence the post.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Personally I think there are basically two interesting things you can do with camera apps, panoramas, and stupid effects. There are decent panorama apps, and instagram and various similar things on both Android and iPhone. Oh and basic editing I guess, but that usually boils down to stupid effects + clipping. Other than that it boils down to the quality of the camera, and how smooth the camera app works (eg. the HTC One X has an extremely fast to take pictures camera app, think the iPhone is okay, not sure about others).

I guess add on hardware is maybe an advantage on iPhone if you really are very serious about mobile photography, although why you’d want to carry extra expensive photo hardware for a phone, which is fundamentally not that good a camera, rather than a camera I don’t really know.

iPhone people have moaned about really bad purple lens flare on the latest iPhone. Don’t know how bad it really is – supposed to be worse than old iPhones or some other phones. Depends how careful you are about not taking pictures towards the sun ever I guess.

CountZero

I haven’t noticed any purple lens flare on my 5, but it used to be bad on the 4. The new sweep panorama function on the iP5 is really excellent, one tap and move the phone from left to right. Filterstorm is a very good app for photo adjustment, has lots of Photoshop type features, I like it a lot.

CountZero

It’s a tad wobbly on the horizon, but I took this Sunday, one shot, no stitching:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘best phone for photos and mainipulation apps?’ is closed to new replies.