Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Best phone call from a reader yet…
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

I freelance for a local newspaper group and yesterday a reader phoned in with a query.
    A local news story had been on the website but suddenly had vanished. “Had we taken it down for legal reasons?” he asked. We said no, we checked and for some reason it had expired so we republished it there and then. Reader was still on the phone so we told him to check and he was happy to see the story restored. He than asked if any comments had been taken down but assured him we hadn’t had any.
    “Great!” was his reply.
    He then asked who he should speak to as he wanted to complain about the article… 😕

wwaswas

He then asked who he should speak to as he wanted to complain about the article…

*re-expires article*

“What article?”

andyg1966

Go on then — link?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I think it was this little planning story. I didn’t take the call, just was hearing a mate’s end of it and the shouted questions across the newsroom.

http://www.oxfordshireguardian.co.uk/villagers-voice-swamp-fear-over-3500-homes/

deadkenny
    Free Member

Ooo, “swamp”. Is that getting bit close to Cameron’s “swarm”?

At least they were only referring to houses and not migrants 😉

More serious comment though, this is going on in many areas. Airfields being marked for massive housing developments.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Best phone call from a reader yet…’ is closed to new replies.