Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best organised rides? Must have great singletrack.
  • bigad40
    Free Member

I don’t care what anyone says there is no way Eskimos have more words for snow than us here in Blighty have for rain, last weeks weather report said Wintery Showers! That’s not what I was thinking when it started creeping through my old faithful gore-tex jacket and now I am struggling to stay motivated in this sub Arctic January.
    Trails are all covered in a thick layer of freezing cold mud which sucks except when it actually freezes, typically on a work day!
    So I thought to do some different events this year but the last mountain bike organised ride I went on seemed to go up all the best downhills and then down the best uphills.
    I am looking for a day out somewhere I have never been before and hope to ride some amazing singletrack, preferably with a little descent in it. You know the type of singletrack that makes your cheeks hurt from grinning but not from arm pump.
    There are a couple of gravity enduros I am interested in but not sure that’s my bag.
    Something like that but less intense.
    Where you don’t need the latest Helmet and brakes as long as you have a helmet and brakes that work.
    Kind of a chilled out music/foody festival but for bikes.
    You can turn up in your X5, VW CAMPER or borrowed Micra and no one minds.
    Ride your full suss carbon moon bike or Ebay bargain.
    Ah… Roll on summer.
    Yeah! Where will you be riding this summer?

Rorschach
    Free Member

😯

eightyeight
    Free Member

When’s the STW weekender?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    barnun
    Free Member

MTB marathon series is worth a look.. I rode the Builth Wells one last year, it’s in April, but it was a cracking day last year, dry and sunny, camping, pasta party and entertainment included 🙂

Trekster

That’ll be a “pootle” then?

am looking for a day out somewhere I have never been before and hope to ride some amazing singletrack, preferably with a little descent in it.

Where have you never been?

ampthill

Good question

nickjb
    Free Member

Real Ale Wobble

dropoff

Sounds like a typical Porlock weekend to me 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best organised rides? Must have great singletrack.’ is closed to new replies.