Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Best open 2 seater car to replace a van?
  • epicyclo

I was looking for a replacement for my rust afflicted Transit and somehow I ended up looking at this.

Looks like an ideal replacement…

Leonhardt roadster

(from the makers of the ultimate motorbike – the Gunbus)

piemonster

I prefer the gunbus

Del

leaf springs eh?

epicyclo

piemonster – Member
    I prefer the gunbus

Why not both?

Matching colours of course.

But I was making the choice for practical reasons.

You can fit a bike rack to the Leonhardt – after all it is to replace my van, so you can see it is a more sensible rational purchase for me. 🙂

maccruiskeen

Compared to a transit I think you’ll be disappointed. It lacks the quantity and variety of cup holders that you’ll have become accustomed to.

epicyclo

maccruiskeen – Member
    Compared to a transit I think you’ll be disappointed. It lacks the quantity and variety of cup holders that you’ll have become accustomed to.

Good point, that could be a dealbreaker.

Oh, wait… 🙂

slowoldman

What an appalling looking lump that is. Worse than a Hummer. Who on earth would buy it? A drunk Morgan owner after a lottery win perhaps.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

You’d be better off with my wifes nissan figaro. Open to offers

epicyclo

slowoldman – Member
    What an appalling looking lump that is. Worse than a Hummer. Who on earth would buy it?…

What, don’t you hanker after a nifty runabout? Something you could use to nip round to the shop to pick up your papers?

slowoldman

It’s got no roof. The papers would be sodden.

brakes
    Free Member

does it come with a petrol tanker to follow you around? a 30 litre V12 engine can’t be particularly economical.

and have they actually made one yet? there only seem to be dodgy rendered images.

epicyclo

brakes – Member
    does it come with a petrol tanker to follow you around? a 30 litre V12 engine can’t be particularly economical.

and have they actually made one yet? there only seem to be dodgy rendered images.

Pah, details! With a 30 litre V12, you’ll get there before you’ve left, so it must be economical.

I must admit the potential wait of over a year is the only reason I haven’t plunked down the money yet for my Transit replacement.

That, and the cup holder problem 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

WTF! just looked at the Gunbus.
    Is that thing even driveable.

Dickyboy

Gunbus 410 – just the bike for when you can’t be arsed to actually go anywhere & want a hideous monstrosity parked on your drive

maccruiskeen

want a hideous monstrosity parked on your drive

it’ll give the neighbours something to talk about…. something other than your mullet at least.

MrNice
    Free Member

have they actually made one yet? there only seem to be dodgy rendered images.

maybe they haven’t yet found anyone with the right combination of excessive money and stupidity to buy one. it can only look like a good idea if it’s never going to happen in reality

epicyclo

Maybe I should look for something more economical and with weather protection

But I don’t think they offer cup holders with this either.

As for the Gunbus, wouldn’t it be the perfect bike to take for a run at 6am to clear your head after being kept awake by your neighbour’s noisy party. Naturally one would warm it up for long enough to heat the oil, and give it a few blips to clear the cards.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Best open 2 seater car to replace a van?’ is closed to new replies.