Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Best online store for…..
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Washing machines?Purchasing delivery and installation there off?

johndoh
    Free Member

AO

End of

Drac

AO but install yourself it’s very easy.

johndoh
    Free Member

AO but install yourself it’s very easy.

Please refer to…

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Cheap,reliable and 7kg would be nice.

IHN

Cheap,reliable and 7kg would be nice.

We’ve had a Beko one twice, once in a rental property and one we bought ourselves (from AO) when we bought a house and had the kitchen done, that fulfils those requirements nicely

Jamie
    Free Member

AO.

johndoh
    Free Member

We have a Beko – it’s been used two or three times a day for nearly 4 years and been pretty much faultless (apart from a snapped door handle which was £4 to replace)

http://ao.com/product/wmb91233lw-beko-washing-machine-white-37729-1.aspx

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Cheers guys.Any more ideas?

Onzadog
    Free Member

John Lewis worked for us recently. Price match and took the old one away.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Look for a local New (Grade A) retailer. Just picked up a Hotpoint with a 25% reduction as it has a small mark, somewhere.
    Grade A is returned or shop soiled with only small cosmetic damage.
    They would have delivered FOC but I was able to take it straight away.

scuttler

Find a local supplier and get them to price match. I’d imagine a lot of purely online retailers struggle with the install and removal side or claw back low margins / headline prices with expensive value-add services and extended warranties.

If near Huddersfield / Oldham try http://www.direct-discounts.com/

Or John Lewis.

My recommendation would be the most basic model of Bosch that fits your capacity requirements. Bells and whistles = things that go wrong.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

John Lewis here.

woody74

Not John Lewis, they are useless and take weeks to deliver. Even when we complained to the managing direct and our issue was picked up by his complaints team, it still took a week for them to get a new fridge delivered that was in stock. AO all the way, place an order and it comes the next day. Job done.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ordered on a Monday, delivery options given, picked the most convenient. Installed by 0930 on the Wednesday morning, all packaging and old one removed as well.

Very friendly, efficient staff.

Safe to say that my recent John Lewis experience differs from yours….

Andy_B

[/url]

I’ve had a TV and a washer from them. Beat AO on price on the one I wanted. When they call to arrange your delivery you’re talking to a person who is able to make decisions (e.g. send a 2 man crew to lift the thing up the stairs in my case) to get your job done without having to check.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Just had a TV from John Lewis, as per CFH could have had it within a couple of days but wanted Sat delivery (which is free). Found it cheaper online after purchase, put in a claim on Sunday evening and had a refund of the difference by 11am Monday. I like if it gets borked I can take it back to a shop rather than shipping, but that’s probably less practical for a washing machine.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Had wondered about John Lewis.However,just like PC World I,d heard alot of complaints about them.Thanks for all your help.

scotroutes

John Lewis

footflaps

John Lewis or AO.com. Used both with no issues.

I wouldn’t buy Beko out of principle, their attitude to safety leaves a lot to be desired, took years of campaigning by the London Fire Brigade to get them to admit they were causing house fires…

http://www.itv.com/news/2014-09-26/beko-appliances-households-still-at-risk-from-faulty-white-goods-that-caused-deadly-fire/

monde
    Free Member

Use your local Euronics if you have one. Dubious when I walked into the local one near me but picked up a Siemens washing machine 15% cheaper than John Lewis, fitted it the same day and did all the warranty paperwork for us.
    Use them all the time as they price match the big boys and the local install service you cant beat.

Only ended up going the local route as had been messed around by John Lewis with delivery schedules and availability.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Thanks Johndoh,bought that one.Bit disappointed with the installation and delivery costs.Also,I wasn’t expecting a chancer on the phone afterwards trying to flog me a warranty!Bad.

newrobdob
    Free Member

John Lewis = as far as I can tell the recent issues with delivery are if you live outside the working radius of the JL own delivery trucks, they get delivered by another carrier if more than a certain distance from a store. I’ve had a couple of deliveries from them which have been amazing but I am close enough for proper JL drivers with shirts and ties!!
    Ok their reputation suffers via the other delivery companies they use which they need to sort but if you are close to a store it might not affect you.

zilog6128

I’ve used my local Euronics retailer a couple of times. Competitive price, free delivery & installation plus they take the old machine and all the packaging etc away with them.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

AO not the best then.

RustySpanner

Euronics for us.
    Cheapest, free fitting and disposal as well.

Simply Electricals in Rawtenstall – good people to do business with.
    Will use again.

John Lewis wanted us to wait 8 days for the same machine.
    The Euronics place had one in stock, fitted next morning.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

JL has a really bad rep on delivery.

AO or Coop. And just bought a new hob from RDO who were cheaper than AO and got a free set of pans too…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Best online store for…..’ is closed to new replies.