Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Best online retailer for buying a complete bike?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I’ve never bought a new bike before – I’ve either bought second hand or built up from parts

The bike I’m after is available at several on-line shops at around the same price

So the choice really comes down to which shop to buy from

I realise it will arrive in a box with some assembly to do

Does anyone have any recommendations for good customer service?

honourablegeorge

Might help if you listed the shops, as opposed to asking for random recommendations for any of the thousands of shops out there.

P-Jay
    Free Member

What George said, if you’re not familiar with a retailer try googling their name followed by ‘complaints’ depending on how good they are with SEO you might have to check the first 5 pages on google.

No local shop that will price match?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

All the usual suspects have got the bike – Winstanleys, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Wheelbase, Freeborn, etc.

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

Not Evans. I’m still boycotting them, as they insisted on a receipt for postage costs, after they twice sent me the wrong item. The postage sticker clearly had the amount on, and despite requests for the manager to re consider, they didn’t, so I haven’t bought a thing from them in over 2 years, and never will. Rant over.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Evans are bad, but you can get 3.88% cashback from topcashback and they price match so worth considering. Wheelbase are great to deal with and if your not local then you could always head up (or down) for the weekend to pick up your new bike and get some cracking riding done at the same time, your new bike would appreciate that.

chakaping
    Free Member

Imagine the frame has cracked.

Now which one of those would you prefer to take it in to show them?

There’s got to be one that’s 20 miles rather than 200 miles away?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Best online retailer for buying a complete bike?’ is closed to new replies.