Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Best of the Year
  • shermer75
    Free Member

(unless I can have a DezB then it’s Hunt For The Wildepeople)

Ha! But that got voted for in 2016, mine didn’t

Fair point! 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I’d happily missed the Ling thread completely until clicking on this thread.

Bail about 60-70% through, as it goes downhill fast.

PJM1974
    Free Member

If Ling from Ling’s Cars is scanning the internet for mentions of the name Ling, or Ling’s Cars then I have a question for Ling, but not about Ling’s Cars.

Is that Ling with a hard or soft “L”?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ling was tough going but the website is a game changer

angeldust
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

Grump of 2017: DezB

Somewhere in Canada, Alanis Morissette just spontaneously combusted.

isto
    Free Member

Ride of the year: Local trails, new baby so no trail parks this year.
    Thread of the Year: uuni pizza oven one…it made be buy one and its awesome
    TV: Detectorists and Peaky Blinders
    Album: Dark Sky – Othona
    Film: Surprisingly thought the new Thor was hilarious, but it was done by the guy who brought us “Hunt for the Widerpeople” and “What they do in the shadows”….so not that surprising really.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Ride of the year Torridon

Film of Year – T2
    Album – #Everything Now, Arcade Fire
    Best TV – Stranger Things
    Thread of the Year – My Hermes Divide by Zero

scc999

Ride – Ard Rock
    Film – I thik I saw Rogue One this year – so that.
    TV – Toss up between Mindhunter and Stranger Things S2. I’ve always been a bit ‘meh’ about PoI so will have to give that some more time after comments above.
    Album – I’ve not listened to anything new at all this year. Which is sad.
    Thread – Got to be gnusmas’ front light thread. http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cheap-front-light-to-help-me-be-less-depressed
    Other – Would have been finally moving to the Peak District, but my stupid time wasting buyer has scuppered that until the new year. So it will have to be *nearly* moving to the Peak District.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Isto.. 😆
    Was making your new baby on your local trails your ride of the year .. :oops:?
    Nice one …

DezB
    Free Member

Album – I’ve not listened to anything new at all this year. Which is sad.

Very! Find something on this here thread

scc999

Thanks Dez, I’m going to give that a go. 🙂

isto
    Free Member

Hodgynd – that would have been last years ride of the year 😀

howsyourdad1
    Free Member
    colournoise

Ride. Not the one at BPW where I suffered a Radial Head Fracture. Probably a solo trip up and down The Cobbler in the summer.

Film. Blade Runner 2048 so close, but on reflection eclipsed by Baby Driver.

TV. Taboo for trying to do something a bit different with BBC1 prime time. Honourable mentions for Peaky Blinders, Detectorists and American Gods.

Album. Eliza Carthy and The Wayward Band. Big Machine.

Thread. One of the few who hasn’t read Ling, but it seems pretty unanimous so I’ll go along with it.

DezB
    Free Member

it seems pretty unanimous
    It’s not. I didn’t like the woman at all. I understand why people enjoyed it, but nah, not me.

DezB
    Free Member

OP was right

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/nov/30/the-50-best-tv-shows-of-2017

Interesting (except Gogglebox) – Chewing Gum was a funny comedy if no-one saw it. Not as funny as Vice Principals, which would be my comedy of the year (US version anyway). It was mental – Walton Goggins is amazing.

takisawa2

Ride: On the beach in Norfolk with my Sons.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/21nXEkH]Cromer Fatty’s on the beach[/url] by pten2106, on Flickr

Thread: Nothing springs to mind on here, but this Facebook group has taken up too much of my time this year…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/21nYoQH]Dull Mens Club[/url] by pten2106, on Flickr

Film: Wonder. If you’ve not seen it, it really is excellent.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EAbP9j]Wonder[/url] by pten2106, on Flickr

TV: Its got to be Big Jet TV. Even if your not an aviation buff, seeing those things lift off is awesome, & the chaps that run it are brilliant.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/22F1dZJ]BigJetTV[/url] by pten2106, on Flickr

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Baby driver we are planning on watching over Christmas so that could overtake.some good tips here

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

ROTY I’ll bend the rules and make it weekend of the year on the bike: had conjunctivitus but despite that a Friday afternoon at a hot and dry Forest Of Dean, a Saturday at BPW in the dust and then a scorcher of a lap around Cannock on the way home was a great weekend. Zero mud, short sleeves, great friends – everything it should be. To be honest, its one of the very few occasions I’ve ridden outside of Calderdale this year. Something I need to fix in 2018.

TOTY: no idea. I don’t read much on here anymore as its all wood burners and cross bikes. Wood burners I have one so I don’t need to read about them and cross bikes are work of the devil.

AOTY: don’t think I’ve listened to any new music this year but its been the year I ‘discovered’ the Eagles Of Death Metal so I’ll say anything by them.

FOTY: The Last Jedi even though I’ve not seen it yet. The only other time I’ve been to the cinema this year was for the Lego Ninjago Movie and that was shit.

TVOTY: Octonauts never fails to impress especially given the monumental demise of Fast N Loud since AK left.

DezB
    Free Member

Baby driver we are planning on watching over Christmas so that could overtake.some good tips here

Don’t expect anything deep will you?! 😆

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

One of our guests is studying for a PhD in film at Stockholm university so I think it’ll be right up her street. Or not

richmtb

Ride: Comrie Croft on my new to me Codeine 29er.

TV: The Vietnam War, Handmaids Tale was also excellent

Film: Bladerunner 2049

Thread: Ling by a mile

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Best of the Year’ is closed to new replies.