Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 217 total)
  • Best number plate ever
  • billyboulders
    Free Member

Years ago I saw one of these

With EST 8 on it which was quite good.

Also there used to be a lad round our way (who rode like a lunatic) had P165 SUK on his motorbike, all legally spaced and sized, which always made me smile.

Bred2shred
    Free Member

stuartlangwilson – Member

P155 AFF on a 911, admittedly this only really works if you are Scottish.

It’s a red GT 2 or 3 isn’t yeah i’ve seen that one too.

My mate has SK11 NNT.

landcruiser
    Free Member

The beauty of this one is that it is by complete accident. Anyway.. I like it !

[URL=http://s831.photobucket.com/user/laurencegordon/media/image_zps24c8249c.jpg.html][/URL]

somafunk

[/i]BMW 501 on a mates BMW 501, excuse the very dodgy plastic plate, still to be fully restored but currently in very remarkable drivable condition inside and out with minuscule mileage on it.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

J411MESG
    surely that has 1 character too many ?

Oh yeah. My mistake. I typed an ‘M’ that wasn’t there:

J411ESG -> J41•1ES G (which looks like “JAMES G” from a certain distance away. If you squint).

spooky_b329

SLOW ME (a few years back so not sure the exact spelling, but it didn’t need any screw caps etc) on a new shape Mini Cooper.

Last month in Brighton, CA10 NSO, re-spaced to C A10NSO with a Ferrari badge, on a bright red and immaculate Fiat 500.

loughor
    Free Member

Years ago there was a white supra with
    H 1 5EXY ..
    Edit : in Cardiff

Klunk
    Free Member

50 VL is available for sale, a mere 9k if cy were interested

codybrennan
    Free Member

In Elmbank car park in Glasgow, earlier this year….

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Some where in Bradford there’s a hatchback with something along the lines of W33D on it. Blackout windows, lowered, you know the rest.

Driven by a young lad with a massive New Era cap. How the hell he gets anywhere without being stopped is beyond me….

Stoner
    Free Member

When I started out at Knight Frank in the 90s there was a small booklet produced to coincide with the company’s centenary of a collection of anecdotes about the company. In London it’s a common sight to see a London Black Cab (TX style thing) with Knight Frank logo and the numberplate KF1. It’s not a real taxi, it’s just used for marketing and shipping favourite clients around. The thing is that the company re-branded from Knight, Frank & Rutley in 1996 and prior to that had the numberplate on their Taxi of KFR1. Shortly after the rebrand, one of the partners was following a car with the numberplate of KF1 and followed them to their destination in order to make them an offer for it. It was obviously enough to swing the deal.

There’s another agency in North London that a friend used to work for with numberplates like B1 DLO and B1 DHI etc.

Stoner
    Free Member

Saw this on Edgeware road a few years ago:

nealglover
    Free Member

PE11 RVY on a Nissan Juke.
    I don’t believe this is a Private Plate as it appeared when the 11 plates came out.

Well it would wouldn’t it.

Seeing as it would been an illegal plate before the 11 plates came out ?

joeyj
    Free Member

Saw a blond lady in a Range Rover Sport on the A1 near Newcastle and her plate was S1 UTY, and she did look like it

DezB
    Free Member

This is in my works car park:

Owner of the car thought it said (part of) his name. How we all laughed 😆

stevied
    Free Member

A man with a beard drove past me a few years ago in a big Merc, reg no: J1HAD

votchy
    Free Member

There is a Bugatti Veyron with the registration: YE51CAN

chakaping
    Free Member

wrecker
    Free Member

I undertsand that a certain individual in Hereford has the plate X22 RSM (or suchlike) 😀

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Somewhere in Kettermineing is “AM1R1CH” – some new Jag I think. Usually parked alongside a row of moderate terraced houses. Confusing.

An acquaintance has 15R and 16R Bought a looong time ago, cost a little. Has been offered megabucks. It was on a 80s Micra, LOL.

Why are people asking if certain combinations are possible? Surely if you can find it for sale [new/2ndhand- issued by the DVLA or whatever] you can have it. Personalised plates don’t need to conform to the standard layout “LLNN LLL”.

will
    Free Member

Pimlico Plumbers have some excellent plates:
    http://about-us.pimlicoplumbers.com/corporate-identity/number-plates

nealglover
    Free Member

Why are people asking if certain combinations are possible? Surely if you can find it for sale [new/2ndhand- issued by the DVLA or whatever] you can have it. [/Quote]

They have to stick to the format though, they can’t for example have more than 3 letters in a row, or more than 3 numbers, or just have letters with no numbers, (UK plates) so some of the ones mentioned in this thread are clearly not possible.

Personalised plates don’t need to conform to the standard layout “LLNN LLL”.

For the current format you have shown there, Yes they do.

They have to stick to it exactly.

strackbaz
    Free Member

Working at a dealership around 2005, we had a customer trade in his car with “W4 0RE”. He didn’t want the plate, so we put it onto retention and then transferred it onto a kangoo van we had as a runaround. I don’t know what’s happened to it.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Y5 AVE was on a Bentley near here until very recently at a car dealers.
    There is also Y15 AVE
    Steve Parish has his plate on an old Hearse and has a habit of carrying an empty coffin in the back for “jiggery” on the way back from the pub…
    Another car dealer has an X5 with TOR 10T which until a few weeks back was spaced TO R10T

eskay

A woman who lives around my area has M1 LFO which has been made to look like MILFO, always makes me chuckle as she is quite elderly and has probably never heard of milf (maybe she should have bought a ‘G’ reg..!).

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve seen VA91 NAL near where I live in Manchester. Perhaps he/she is a gynecologist?

No you’ve not, that’s not around for about 30 years! Nobby’s VA61 NAL works though.

For the current format you have shown there, Yes they do.

They have to stick to it exactly.

He’s right, in the US you can have whatever you want, and we have some older ones (like A3) which work, but you can’t have any random combination of letters and numbers, you can never have “I” or “Q” in there either (although “Q” was used for kit cars and the like as a registration letter).

Which means AM1R1CH isn’t possible. A111RCH is, with a dodgy screw placement.

Chap I know had one illegally spaced to better spell his name (but no screws or dodgy fonts, totally legible, basically had it LNN NLLL), got stopped by the police and fined on the spot, then got a stroppy letter from DVLA telling him if he didn’t correct the spacing they’d revoke it.

LapSteel
    Free Member

Saw a blacked out Rolls with SATAN…..was a bit scared 😯
    Also saw one that spelt REMIX which I thought was cool

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Nah, I don’t get it. There’s loads of plates around that don’t conform to those layouts. What about the Pimlico plates listed
    eg

40 RAD
    44 RAD
    51NKS
    6 GAS
    701LET
    71LER
    8 WC

They don’t have more than 3 in a row – OK. But is it that you are saying they couldn’t be issued now as the format’s now been changed?

And that guy does have AM1R1CH. I stopped and looked at it.

TBH it’s all bollox though, as I see people driving EVERYday with screwcovers, dodgy spacing, the wrong font [?!?!] and recently loads of partially greyed-out plates. Why don’t they get stopped?

njee20
    Free Member

Nah, I don’t get it. There’s loads of plates around that don’t conform to those layouts. What about the Pimlico plates listed

All the Pimlico ones you list are older style plates.

First number plate was A1, then they gradually added letters and numbers until they were LLL NNN, then they went to the suffix letter: LLL NNNL, then the prefix letter LNNN LLL, now they’re LLNN LLL.

All personalised plates must be a derivative of this. Hence AM1R1CH doesn’t work, sorry. Very happy to eat my words if we’ve got a photo.

Reading here if you really want.

andymc06
    Free Member

The Vicar in my home village has L2 CUM (Hell to come) on his car – quality!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

That’s not very vicarly IMHO

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Local dealer had a yellow boxter with Y9RDY….

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

njee20 – 🙂 If I see it I’ll snap it off.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

I did see FER 51T in the village of Fersit. Though I suppose calling Fersit a village is a bit of an exaggeration.

nealglover
    Free Member

And that guy does have AM1R1CH. I stopped and looked at it.

I’ll bet you my house against a sand castle that he doesn’t.

johnellison
    Free Member

I’ll probably get hauled over the coals by the mods for this one, but a couple of years ago there were two Asian gentlemen in Nelson who could be seen swanning around in a BMW 3 series convertible with the registration PAK 1S. Fair play to ’em I say…

Speshpaul

“I’ve also seen 51MON (Simon) to name a few. “
    A friend of mine picked that up on a classic (dog rough)bike
    I understand he used the proceeds as a deposit on a house!

Martin.B
    Free Member

MrS B’s hairdresser has W37 CUT

Cougar

Some where in Bradford there’s a hatchback with something along the lines of W33D on it.

There’s one down the road from me, something like “W3 EED”. It’s been on a couple of murdered-up cars now, current one is a Bentley or some such and it was a on a big Range Rover before that.

Spotted “BJ11 MMF” in our car park at work today. Hope the driver never has to email his reg to anyone, it’s got buckley’s of passing through a spam filter.

bearnecessities

Saw a blacked out Rolls with SATAN

That used to be on a Range Rover in Torquay many years ago.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 217 total)

The topic ‘Best number plate ever’ is closed to new replies.