Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Best not to feed a dog chocolate… (unpleasant picture content)
  • wwaswas

Chocolate contains Theobromine, a stimulant that is poisonous to dogs and the effects can be fatal.

http://quirker.co.uk/story/you-know-youre-not-supposed-to-give-dogs-chocolate-but-this-picture-will-show-you-exactly-why-not

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Eating my lunch… Feel like some chocolate now! Thank god I watched horror movies and worked on autopsies – no smell a vision so it’s alright lol.

Chocolate can be toxic to some dogs. My friend’s will steal whatever I am eating or beg for chocolate.

willjones
    Free Member

that’s a brilliant picture! Had to do quite a bit of reading into this one easter… this page and a set of scales proved to be particularly useful in determining whether we needed to make a trip to the vet:

http://www.petmd.com/dog/chocolate-toxicity

wrightyson
    Free Member

When we were kids I’m sure all dogs ate chocolate. The pup we found up on the moors near Elton certainly wasn’t allergic to it, we used half an easter egg to coax him into the car. Some 19 years later we had to put him down but I don’t recall it being chocolate related…

JoB
    Free Member

*puts down toast and Nutella*

mcj78
    Free Member

The tiny amount of actual chocolate in most selection box / advent calendar fodder this time of year probably won’t kill them, however it certainly won’t do them any favours – dark chocolate, with its higher chocolate content (& subsequently much higher theobromine content) is definitely a BIG no-no!

Other things not to feed the dog include, grapes & their derivatives (no mince pies for you Snoopy!), onions, garlic, avocado, coffee, artificial sweetners (xylitol), walnuts, peach / cherry stones… the list goes on!

Northwind

Just as well they put that towel down.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Other things not to feed the dog include, grapes & their derivatives (no mince pies for you Snoopy!), onions, garlic, avocado, coffee, artificial sweetners (xylitol), walnuts, peach / cherry stones… the list goes on!

But horse shit is fine – just don’t feed them horse shit à la bourguignonne.

elliott-20
    Free Member

Chocolate, fortunately didn’t appear to have an adverse effect on our dogs, but raisins… 😯

You tend to find most of these things out when you have toddlers in a high chairs.

wwaswas

thanks for the added words on the thread title mods – perhaps I should have done that to start with 😳

Pigface
    Free Member

Badger my old Staffy once ate a kilo of grapes, the resulting expulsion out of his backside was a sight to behold.

porlus
    Free Member

Just as well they put that towel down

Hahahahaha. Almost, but not quite.

theotherjonv

*puts down toast and Nutella*

I think Nutella’s OK in small qtys, that doesn’t contain much cocoa

I did have a mate at school who was nicknamed Nutella nob because it was the only way he could get his ‘partner’ to lick it. It was rumoured but never proven that he found this out due to his dog’s predeliction for Nutella 😯

globalti
    Free Member

My sister’s cats once ate a pack of butter between them, they both leaked from their bottoms for a couple of days and left oily marks everywhere they sat.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

My dad has decided to give the dog a hide boot full of brightly coloured dog chews for Christmas. I’m expecting something similar to the OPs picture on Boxing Day except multicoloured and coming out the other end…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Best not to feed a dog chocolate… (unpleasant picture content)’ is closed to new replies.