Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Best neighbours ever " who thinks they've got them "
  • taxi25
    Free Member

My neighbours are brilliant !! Lived next to them for 20 yrs. Elderly lady and her son ( moved back after failed marriage ) Elsie has been a never say no babysitter, schoolplay costume maker, cup of tea and homemade cake provider, parcel taker inner, and all round suragate parent and grandparent. Mike ( son ) has been friend, car mechanic, diy handyman, dog walker, house sitter and even fighting buddy. If they move we’ll take them with us.

petrieboy

I win because we have brilliant neighbours on both sides!

bigbob38
    Free Member

My neighbours are not so good…. They have never forgiven me for providing the proof needed for the insurance fraud they commited 😯

Did laugh as they were carted away in a police van 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    doug_basqueMTB.com

Totally great. When we moved in and they saw me cleaning my bikes they bought and installed a hose from their hosepipe for me (we live 1st floor, above them), cleared space in their garage for my bikes and cut me a key, they throw lemons from their tree through our balcony for us to use, let us use their pool, and so much more. We don’t speak much of the same language but we laugh, point and drink beer together every now and then.

samuri
    Free Member

mine on both side are a nightmare, HTH.

Torminalis
    Free Member

I used to have the best neighbours ever. They threw cracking parties and cooked fantastic food, let me borrow their quads and land rover when I wanted to go to the pub off road and were great to have around. Still great friends a few years later. I miss those guys.

bighendo
    Free Member

my neighbours are longtime unemployed,
    burn plastic, old furniture and tyres on bonfires regularly
    keep dogs that sh1t and howl all day
    are still up at 3.30/4am ……
    BUT manage to run large 4×4 vehicles, have 50″ plasma tv`s, caravan, regular holidays away, even own a horse ffs!!
    ….. not the best of neighbours eh

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Same as bighendo, except they don’t have a dog. They have fitted cheap, shitty uninsulated laminate flooring though, so I can have the pleasure of listening to their drunken parties at 3am.

maxray
    Free Member

lol nothing like taking liberties then taxi25! I wonder if they would say you are the best neighbour ever, always asking them to babysit, drop parcels off, fix your car, walk your dog, do up your house etc 😉

cxi
    Free Member

Ours are great. The bloke next doors mows our lawns, front & back – I haven’t had to touch a lawn mower for years.

atlaz
    Free Member

Ours are great too. One side unfortunately passed away so waiting with bated breath to see who buys the house.

Dickyboy

I think the nicknames given to our neighbours might give you a clue: Colnel Blood, B******d West & my fav Atilla the Neighbour… and on the other side we have the god squad, mind you the reason we were able to buy the house was a matrimonial after god squads son & daughter each got rather too neighbourly with the vendors…..

hughjengin
    Free Member

Yin and Yang for me, one side are bloody great, they mow my lawn when I am away, puts my bins out and never cause a seconds problem. The other side are renting the place and I have had to kick off at least twice now (verbally)….. uuurrrghhh

alexxx
    Free Member

one side is empty and the other side is a really nice couple (prob 40-45) there dad a few houses down takes our bins out and she always takes an interest if im doing anything in the garden with bikes or crafty stuff.

feel quite bad as there are 3 of us who are all younger and like to have a bit of a party, never once had a complaint thou, god bless them nice folk 😀

oh and she has 4 epic cats 😀 and feeds masssssive seagulls 😀

kaesae
    Free Member

This is a clear rip off! from my thread earlier and it’s the second time someone has done it as well GGRRRRRR 👿

All the bad neighbour stories please post here!
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/worst-neighbours-ever-who-thinks-they-have-them/page/2#post-1989190

I think they’re funny although some are just scary!

My Polsih neighbours down stairs are great, always take the bins out and bring them back in and good to talk to as well.

Good thread, wish i’d thought of it! 😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Mine are sound both sides. A couple of little niggles but nowt worth shouting about. Besides I am sure they have their niggles with me. It could be a lot worse.

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

Mine have had police out twice after me. (Once for flying a toy aeroplane, and once more for subsequently telling him to bugger off).

Nice to know your taxes get well used eh?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Mine are brilliant on both sides, elderly couple of ex hippies/teachers on one side and a elderly lady of independent means on the other. Brilliant people, the teachers give my kids coaching and lessons twice a week for nowt, do elements of our shared gardening because they enjoy it and are kind and generous. The other lady is my five year olds best mate and is just brilliant takes him out to do meals on wheels at the weekend, has taught both of them all about gardeneing and tree care and has a thriving vegtable garden in her greenhouse for them both, and bearing in mind I blocked her extension I feel she does not owe me!.

Good people around you is such a bonus.

U31
    Free Member

We just moved. Right next door to a good mate of mine… FTW!! 😀

joeydeacon
    Free Member

I never see my elderly neighbour, but she seems to be very popular, always a big pile of mail and a lot of milk bottles lined up on her doorstep.

mrsflash
    Free Member

My dad when I was growing up. His work moved him 300 miles away when I was about to start my gcses. I lived with our neighbours during the week while he did a weekly commute.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Best neighbours ever " who thinks they've got them "’ is closed to new replies.