Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Best multi tool, quality and just the bits you need on one ?
  • core

On longer MTB rides I take a leatherman in addition to a bike specific multi tool – quite surprised how many times it’s been used now, and got me home.

gogg
    Free Member

I got a Lezyne CRV 29 for Xmas three years ago, been very impressed, but really should have a root around the shed and find my old Park Tool Cool Tool for when I ride my hard tail to get the maximum retro experience. If only I could find the lungs I had 25 years ago to go with it….

crispycross
    Free Member

Another vote for the Crank Bros M-19. No small loose parts to drop, high quality hex bits, a chain tool that actually works and it’s practically indestructible. Mine’s old and got a few rust spots on it but I’ve used it, abused it and jumped up and down on it, using the 8 mm bit to undo a crank bolt.

jam-bo

I got the crank bros one free with a set of POC pads from the Bike Chain in Edinburgh. its been great apart from the torx key twisting. still works though but relegated to road bike saddlebag..

Just ordered a ratchet rocket though.

jam-bo

just got my ratchet rocket and really impressed.

mrblobby
    Free Member

just got my ratchet rocket and really impressed.

Love mine. Really well thought out. Like the knurled wheel on the back so you can quickly turn the ratchet and hold the handle at the same time. And the socket at the end of the handle so you can flip it round and use it as a normal driver. Just a fantastically pleasing tool 🙂

shaungero
    Free Member

Unreal. I’ll have to get a ratchet rocket on order by the sounds of thing.
    Cheers

gnusmas

Crank Bros 19 here too, brilliant bit of kit.

geoffj

Hexus II here and highly recommended. The tyre levers are ok IME. The only thing that irks me about it is the 8mm hex adapter on the 5mm hex key. The 5 is the most used size on my bikes and I’m forever in fear of losing the 8mm adapter – especially when I have a hole in the pocket of my favourite riding trews.

shaungero
    Free Member

Must say if I get a ratchet rocket for home and a crank bros 19 for the trail it should be happy days. Will get them order tonight. Thanks again

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Best multi tool, quality and just the bits you need on one ?’ is closed to new replies.