Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Best mtb helmet. whats your opinion.
  • gee111
    Free Member

I’m looking to buy a helmet this week for mountain bike riding. Could do with some feedback. Price not really a problem as such and if anyone has any for sale to fit a head size of 57cm please post back on here with details as my email is down at the moment. Thanks.

RealMan
    Free Member

Normal, piss pot, full face?

I like the specialized range, but really it depends on what fits you best.

Slogo
    Free Member

The One that fits Perfectly on your dome!

get to a LBS and try a load on.

z1ppy

damn too slow… Slogo +1

Northwind

Slogo is spot on. Fox’s Flux is a very good helmet. As long as it fits.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Had a Giro Xar for a few monthsow, bit pricey but the first helmet I’ve used which is totally comfortable.
    Very well vented with a peak that works well for keeping both sun and rain out of the eyes but as said above, fit is everything and helmets are one item I’d always buy from a shop rather than online.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

always buy from a shop rather than online.

^^This. Lots of this.^^

I also wear a Xar and it’s super comfy, after a problem with my initial one which was superbly sorted by my LBS and Madison.

You head may not be as perfectly formed as mine, however.

santacoops
    Free Member

I’ve got a weird helm, theres not many that snug it very well (!). The Flux rattles on my bonse like a glass bowl on a drumstick.

stevede
    Free Member

As above with fit. Giro Xen fits me best, Xar is no good so despite the fact i didn’t need another just yet i bought another for when i do as they are discontinuing it soon.
    MET’s range is often overlooked, there xen equivalent the kaos looks quite nice too.

jackal
    Free Member

As said whatever fits you best.

I had my heart set on a fox flux when they first came out, went and tried one on and it didn’t fit my head at all.
    Ended up getting a Giro Hex instead, really comfy, on my second one now as I cracked the other one and got it replaced on their crash replacement scheme (£35), excellent service. Also got a Giro piss pot and that fits bang on too.

robhughes
    Free Member

+1 for fox flux.
    Great lid again as long as it fits.
    Don,t even know iv,e got mine on… 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

I personally like Spiuk.

angryratio
    Free Member

I buy a new hex every 18 months.
    They usually last less than that.

Good shape, and comfy..

And if you buy in a minging colour scheme, very cheap on crc.

I should add i have two!

Stops the mould slightly…

santacoops
    Free Member

Don,t even know iv,e got mine on

Do you have it on now?

robsoctane
    Free Member

As you all say – the fit is everything. only buy from an LBS.

My helmet is a Giro Zen. Fits me great, really sturdy & although I think that 300grams is seen as ‘no light weight’… what’s 300 grams, eh? 😉

I don’t want to hijack but this is relevant – does anyone know if you can buy new internal pads for Giro? I have to wash mine frequently & they are looking worse for it. would be awful to have to spend another £100 just because the pads are going!

stevede
    Free Member

robsoctane – you can indeed buy a replacement pad kit for your xen, crc shouild stock it amongst others.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Best mtb helmet. whats your opinion.’ is closed to new replies.