Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • best mountain bike for £400ish?
  • petefromearth

a mate of mine is looking for his first mountain bike, anyone got any suggestions?

richcc
    Free Member

My brother is currently looking for a bike in same price bracket. Leisure lakes have commencal disc combi for 420. Looks a good deAl

johnfb
    Free Member

Errr, my Orange P7?

It's 19" so good for 5'8-6'2" and a perfect first bike, sure footed I think is the best way to describe handling. It was my previous XC bike which I renovated for my brother in law, although 2 rides and he's decided he's not man enough…

Anyway spec is here
    http://www.orangebikes.com/2006bikes/p7-s.php
    but I just put on a new SRAM970 cassette and Shimano HG73 chain.

Condition is good but used, scrapes but no dents/bends/tears/holes. She's been really solid and reliable for me. They're £995 new so I was looking for £400-450. Where are you, I'm up in Manchester?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

My mate is selling his rockhopper disc at around that price or a chunk less – he is bringing it round tomorrow so I can check it out before putting it on the classifieds

I am not sure exactly which model – but it has a rockshok tora fork so not the basic one. Hardly used

E mail me if interested jeremyDOTpascoeATbtinternetDOTcom

petefromearth

cheers guys

TJ and JohnFB. I'll ask him what he thinks about 2nd hand. they both sound ideal and you get a lot more bike for your money that way!

StuF

I'd recommend second hand – much more for the money

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Carrera Fury AM – great forks for the price and the rest of the kit is not too bad either. Rides, really well. I had mine powder coated white and branded a pub bike to hide its true identity. It is probably the only bike I have at the moment that will never get sold.

Just converted the standard wheels to tubeless too! Bargain

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘best mountain bike for £400ish?’ is closed to new replies.