Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Best money-no-object lightweight waterproof…?
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

Looking for something for bike use from quick blasts to multi-day trips. The Showers Pass Elite seems to get a lot of respect. Any other suggestions please? Cheers.

geetee1972
    Free Member

That would have to be the Gore Fusion jacket which is just loooooverly. Not sure if they still make it though but you shoud be able to find one on the intertwat.

shedfull
    Free Member
    Gary_M
    Free Member

The gore fusion jacket is fantastic, I've used mine for the last two winters and I love when it comes round to the time to wear it again. It's not a lightweight waterproof though, way too hot for summer use.

cinnamon_girl

Can't go wrong with Gore. I still use a Goretex Pac-lite but unfortunately it's not durable. If I crash, it tears so has to be sent away for repair. 🙁

I personally avoid wearing a jacket unless the rain is heavy, tend to use my Gore Windstopper gilet.

Phatman
    Free Member

Rab Neutrino

chakaping
    Free Member

Something made out of eVent by Montane would be my choice.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Thanks guys. So much stuff out there. I wonder if the fabled "lightweight, fully waterproof, breathable" jacket really exists?

Tiger6791

Bin Bag, seriously lightweight and waterproof, comes in Black or Grey

bluebird
    Free Member

brakeswithface

If you don't mind having a hood the latest generation of the OMM smock is seriously good.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

GORE for me I love mine, you wouldnt be sorry

warton
    Free Member

I've got a gore path. very lightweight, although in the summer I'll only wear it if its really chucking it down

chakaping
    Free Member

I wonder if the fabled "lightweight, fully waterproof, breathable" jacket really exists?

I've found eVent lives up to this description.

Maybe "breathable enough for steady riding but a bit hot when you're pushing it" would be more accurate, but it's still very good.

rootes1

I got an endura helium – works well and packs small

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Take a look at Vaude too. I have one of their eVent jackets. Very minimalist. You get arms and a zip and that's about it, but the cut is excellent. A looonnnggg scoop back and nice long articulated arms.
    here

It was dear when I bought it and now it is a bit ridiculously price TBH

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

but unfortunately it's not durable. If I crash, it tears so has to be sent away for repair

That goes for just about any synthetic breathible waterproof membrane you care to mention. 3 layer goretex is a bit more 'durable' sure, but it'll still hole if you crash it.

Any waterproof I use for MTB, I just gaffa the inside of the tear and run some superglue to stick the two edges together on the face. Saves money and it'll probably only get torn again.

As for the OP, I'd go eVent too, Rab or Mountain Hardwear probably.

Algore
    Free Member

Gore Fusion in the ultimate, but for all year round riding the new Alp X is pretty special. It now has a mix of GORE-TEX fabrics, stretch panels and a fold away or zip off hood.

smurf
    Free Member

Another vote for Gore gear here. I've got a Phantom and a Alp X jacket.

The endura eVent overtrousers are v good as well

smurf

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Best money-no-object lightweight waterproof…?’ is closed to new replies.