Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • best mobile phone for ipod duties????
  • georgecats_0
    Free Member

bored with carting around a mobi and an ipod,anyone reccomend a mobi that works like an ipod-i know an iphone is obvious but too big and too expensive,any ideas???

allthepies
    Free Member

I use a Sony W705. Nice phone with WiFi + Walkman capabilities, serves me well on the daily train commute. Can listen to radio or music stored on the memory card.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/products/phoneportfolio/specification/w705

dr_death
    Free Member

iPhone – it's the same size as an iPod….

Admiralable
    Free Member

W995 from Sony? Nokia 5800?

GrahamS

An iPhone really isn't that big, especially when you consider your ditching your iPod.

Admiralable
    Free Member

I'm sure if you ask Beaker53 he may know where to get and iPhone cheap

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

W995 and download opera for internet browsing.
    Wifi and gps too, plus you can even multitask!

Admiralable

that made me smile

CountZero

Unless the only iPod you've ever owned is a Nano, then you'll find that an iPhone is about the same size, and a lot thinner than a Classic. You could get a 3Gs cheaper, but considering that my mate paid over £400 for a 40Gb 3G iPod, an iPhone isn't outrageously expensive, considering all it can do.

neepshed
    Free Member

get an HTC Hero. Very nice with additional features that the IPhone cant cope with like multi tasking and Flash Video compatibility.

allthepies
    Free Member

If the OP just wants ipod functionality then isn't an iphone overkill ? Basically a phone which plays MP3s with a large capacity (memory card?) ticks the boxes and such devices will have considerably longer battery life and be substantially cheaper than an iphone won't they ?

GrahamS

allthepies: agreed, iPhone is probably overkill, but it is the path of least resistance if the OP is looking to replace an ipod, as it will just sync with his existing itunes.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘best mobile phone for ipod duties????’ is closed to new replies.