Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • Best mate just had both cars stolen.
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

“He lives on one of the nicer estate in the town.

Sorry, I don’t understand.
    Unfortunately some people do appear to get very envious of people who work hard and buy nice cars

Sorry, I don’t understand this either.”

i dont understand what you dont understand AP 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP and @Jools, nightmare. With car security as good as it is these days stealing the keys is the best option for the thief. I have heard advice that says do not hide the keys, if you do the thief is likely to come upstairs and “ask you” where they are. Yes, put then away from the front door/window but don’t hide them.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Nope. Not envious in the slightest. Not exactly poor myself. Even owned BMWs. Not judging anyone – I mean it’s not like it was an audi…

I just don’t see why this is a thread here. It isn’t the OP’s cars which got nicked, the owner isn’t on the forum, as far as we know, and there doesn’t appear to be any lesson to learn. So the OP and others getting upset that people aren’t queuing up commiserate seems a bit odd.

And it is getting rarer When I was young we’d all had our cars nicked.

renton
    Free Member

I’m not getting upset because people aren’t offering their condolences.

I merely posted it up to tell you all about it really. It’s not everyday that someone breaks into your house whilst you and your entire family are asleep upstairs.

I feel sorry for my mate. I don’t give a monkeys f@$k if you do or not.

hora
    Free Member

Its Rentons bestmate so relevant to the OP. If people don’t give a **** why post on the OP’s subject? Go and be bitter and twisted elsewhere?

renton
    Free Member

I’m not getting upset because people aren’t offering their condolences.

I merely posted it up to tell you all about it really. It’s not everyday that someone breaks into your house whilst you and your entire family are asleep upstairs.

I feel sorry for my mate. I don’t give a monkeys f@$k if you do or not.

timc
    Free Member

Stoatsbrother, do one will you 🙄

Cougar

And it is getting rarer When I was young we’d all had our cars nicked.

There might be some truth in that.

I think as well as advances in security, having decent factory-fit stereos integrated into the dashboard have made smash-and-grabs much less common IME. Gone or the days where your average scrote could take a halfbrick to your window and expect to come away with a DIN-E Blaupunkt. Though I expect there was an upsurge for a while when TomToms were all the rage.

deepreddave
    Free Member

tomd – Member

About 7 years ago I got my car nicked off the drive. It was beast – a 52 plate Suzuki Ignis 1.3GL. 97bhp of frugal motoring on tap.

Wow, no offence but always thought of them as Micra equivalents but my 205 GTi only had 115bhp and that was a super fast boy racer go-kart. At least it was when I was younger…

renton
    Free Member

Just to update then………

My mate has been driving round the town and has found the Golf parked up. police have been called and are on thier way.

The BMW has turned up in solihull and the police have staked it out prior to recovering it and making an arrest.

Hopefully my mate should get his cars back !

ourmaninthenorth

Sometimes best they aren’t returned. When my father had downgraded from an Audi Quattro to a Golf GTi with a special import factory leather interior (it wasn’t available as a factory option back in the late 80s), the Golf was stolen. Wheels, interior (natch) and suitcase sized mobile phone all gone. Lovely car (though not a patch on the Q in my 12 year old eyes), but he felt it would never feel like his again. Fortunately it was written off….

batfink
    Free Member

make sure he gets all the locks/ignition changed [/obvious]

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

That’s a result. Be good to get the scrotes too. Does his insurance get loaded if they are recovered? Hope not.

Surely it would be pretty easy to have some kind of bait-car remote turnoff mechanism these days? Wonder why it’s not common.?

konabunny
    Free Member

Nope. Not envious in the slightest. Not exactly poor myself.

considerably richer than yow, in fact.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I had my car stolen and recovered a few years ago. I was glad to get it back but was surprised at the number of people who said they’d have got rid of it straight away.

weeksy

Surely it would be pretty easy to have some kind of bait-car remote turnoff mechanism these days? Wonder why it’s not common.?

It is common, but with 40,000,000 cars to select from, the odds of them picking that particular one is quite low 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Its Rentons bestmate so relevant to the OP. If people don’t give a **** why post on the OP’s subject? Go and be bitter and twisted elsewhere?

Blimey, I’m in total agreement with Hora. Moofo’s comment is about as relevant and interesting as those who spout “first world problem” at every opportunity. I can’t be arsed to look but presumably moofo’s comments are so amazing that they shouldn’t be read at work in case you are incapacitated with shock and awe!

Glad your mate’s got his cars back Renton. Not nice at all, especially knowing someone has been in your house.

johndoh
    Free Member

My mate has been driving round the town

Bloody hell, how many cars does he have?

wilburt
    Free Member

The other comment about living in a crap area is very untrue as well. They probably live in a very nice area, and the scum travel to the nice area for rich pickings.

Just not true, statistical variation of crime(car or otherwise) by post code is massive.

johndoh
    Free Member

Just not true, statistical variation of crime(car or otherwise) by post code is massive.

But the postcode could still be in a nice area. For example, I used to live in Harrogate (in a very nice area, it even has an M&S Food Store) just off the main road to Leeds and Bradford and apparently plod would regularly stake out the main roads just outside town – scrotes regularly visited to rob houses and cars then go back (yes, I was broken into, they emptied the house of everything of value – right down to a security light I hadn’t got around to fitting, a scabby old microwave, bedsheets etc etc….)

wilburt
    Free Member

Crimes are recorded by the area they happen not the home adrress of the of the prson who commits the crime.

Its not a difficult principle, if you think you live in a nice area but theres frequent crime its not a nice area!

Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Best mate just had both cars stolen.’ is closed to new replies.