Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best lube
  • pinder318
    Free Member

Title for attention. For rockshox seals and a monarch plus that’s stuck halfway in travel so time for some servicing. Thanks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Depends…. (as does everything) dry, dusty, claggy, road or mtb? long rides short rides, are you good at looking after your bike?

Rock n Roll Extreme here but my conditions are probably different

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Butter

pinder318
    Free Member

Rest of message must not of saved. It’s for mostly rockshox forks and a monarch plus which already needs a service as it’s stuck half compressed

schmiken

Chain lube, stanchion lube, KY?

NM, stealth edit changed the post.

tjagain

good quality fork oil? Get it from a motorbike shop – cheaper AND better quality than that sold for cycles

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Get it from a motorbike shop – cheaper AND better quality than that sold for cycles

Depends a lot on if you want the weights to be right, can’t find the chart that avalanche had but the weight variation over oils all with the same lable was huge. I used whatever I could get cheaply for old/cheap forks but use what is specced for the nice stuff (the avalance stuff specs a particular brand which happens to be motorbike stuff) for the seals something like RS Butter https://www.sram.com/sram/mountain/products/sram-butter-grease – others available.

Also something to clean the insides out.

Northwind

I use what the manufacturers recommend, I just don’t usually buy it in their labelled bottles- I can’t remember off the top of my head but I think the current Fox oils are torco and rockshox is maxima (fox used to have one that was a silkolene but I think they swapped). A litre of rockshox 15W is £17 at Tredz, a litre of what seems to be the same stuff branded maxima with a black bottle instead of red is £7.

OTOH, the volumes you use are pretty small so if you want an easy life and presence of mind, it’s not a terrible option to get the expensive “own brand”

mikewsmith – Member

Depends a lot on if you want the weights to be right, can’t find the chart that avalanche had but the weight variation over oils all with the same lable was huge.

Here we go:
    http://www.peterverdone.com/wiki/index.php?title=Suspension_Fluid

andybrad

for your shox / fork

float fluid
    slick honey
    prepm

any will do

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best lube’ is closed to new replies.