Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • Best looking race motorbike
  • skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Andy-R

bikebouy – Member
    The infamous Scottish Six Days trail…

When a Man a bike and an oily rag ruled

Yes – Gordon Jackson on the Devil’s Staircase…

I very nearly bought one of these in 1980…..

but ended up buying an enduro bike instead (a Yamaha IT250G actually)

I must have been mad, not only because I was far better on a trials bike than I ever became on an enduro bike but because it’s just so beautiful and had Marzocchi forks too.
    I’d love one now anyway, but ideally modified to use disc brakes….

I did have a Miller framed TL 125 that I bored out to 180cc and then stroked to 230cc – there was a spacer under the barrel(because of the modified crank) and one on the generator case to accommodate extra flywheel weighting.Modified XL leading axle forks (converted to air), XL 125 head and carb.
    All sort of Pete Jerred-inspired stuff.

jota180
    Free Member

I’m not sure puddle jumpers have any place on a thread about racing machines 😉

Andy-R

jota180 – Member
    I’m not sure puddle jumpers have any place on a thread about racing machines

I’m not either, but it was in response to this –

bikebouy – Member
    If we’re doing Trails bikes (and I think we should include them)

We should have a “best looking trials bike” thread because nothing else looks half as nice, although I’d give that HL500 houseroom…

Just beautiful!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

“Puddle jumpers” 😆

Well I like em’ and they are “raced” and are beautiful, so I vote we have em’. 😉

I once owned a C15 trials, got it was heavy and bloody good fun. It would stroke twice once at the start of a section then again halfway through.. Also, briefly, I owned a TL125. Totally unfettered, light and lythe and great fun.

Pigface
    Free Member

Puddle jumpers???? Thats just rude 😆

Shirty and Mick Andrews fanatstic creation

vinnyeh

My sister rode a KT250 in trials for a while in the late 70’s – they were a bit lot shit, but looked lovely. Sold well in NZ due to the local equivalent of the Lampkin’s (father and son) being Kawasaki riders.

Northwind

If you’re going to talk trials then there is only one true trials… scooter?

Chap who props up the bar in my local was one of the lambretta team in the ’59 scottish, proper madness-genius.

fasthaggis

Likes ^^ 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘Best looking race motorbike’ is closed to new replies.