Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 130 total)
  • Best looking race motorbike
  • Bustaspoke
    Free Member

No RC30’s? I prefer Yamaha’s myself but here you go..
    Freddie Spencers two brothers racing RC30 @ Stafford the other month.

bennn
    Free Member

I’m surprised no-one has mentioned this already, but this years IOM TT Norton. If anyone didn’t see the documentary on the making of it before this years TT you missed a great spot of viewing!

UK made and my god it sounds glorious too.

augustuswindsock

One wheel good and vineyh beat me to the xr 75 harley, like you onewheel I’m not a harley fan, but when my lottery numbers come up I’m going to have a xr lookey likey built!
    Nice to see jarno the flying Finn’ Saarinen getting a mention too, cracking thread, I could be hear all night!!

augustuswindsock

What engines in the Norton benn?

duncancallum

Apprilla rsv with a custom crank I belive[s

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’m surprised no-one has mentioned this already, but this years IOM TT Norton.

It’s an Aprilia with a flat cap.

bennn
    Free Member

Their own engine now I believe. For custom sounds courtesy of Norton themselves visit; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYdQAodMkL4

porter_jamie

sploink

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Always been a two stroke lover so the previous pics of the Jap import Honda NSR250, Yam TZ250, Suzuki RGV250 (The road version which I owned, immense B road blaster) and culminating in the ultimate 2stokes, the 500 class will always be close to my heart.
    Of the superbike class the RC30 and RC45 were great looking bikes (the 30 pipping the 45 in looks department I think) but the best looking bike that Honda did of this class was the RVF750, ridden by Foggy and Hislop at the IOM

Speaking of Foggy he’ll always be remembered with the Ducati 916 range, beautiful bikes but I’ve always preferred it’s predecessor, the 888:

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

AS a Yamaha fan here’s a couple of my favourite colourschemes

AND

jota180
    Free Member

There was some beautiful looking engines on early Yamahas

Bill Ivy’s Ra31 125 – V4 2 stroke, 9 speed, the rev counter started at 10,000 & red lined at 18

http://bluehaze-gazza.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/1967-yamaha-ra31-125cc-v4.html

p8ddy
    Free Member

This. 700cc of 2 stroke madness. Having rode a 500cc Maico, this thing must be bonkers. Love it.

There’s a version of this kicking about with the text ‘Maico 700cc 2 stroke – Because committing suicide with razors is for pussies’. Makes me laugh every time I read it.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Here’s THE 250

Yamaha Canada also had good paintschemes.This is the TZ250 that Steve Baker won Daytona with in 1977.Very 70’s look to it.

jota180
    Free Member

Talking of Canada reminded me of Yvon Duhamel’s H2 750 Kawasaki

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

The original Lawson superbike

My own Lawson replica is based on his Daytona winner 😀

firestarter
    Free Member

Im my mind i raced this 🙂

There’s too many bikes with fairings in this thread. If it wasn’t for the paint and stickers, you’d never tell them apart. 😛

Agreed that the XR750 deserves two pictures.

Best looking production racer ever, the BSA 441 Victor Grand Prix.

Pretty close, Rickman Metisse.

E.J. Potter’s bike, because it’s so ugly, it’s beautiful.

Manx Norton.

Perhaps the only thing to trump E J Potter, Rollie Free on his Vincent, not so much for the bike, but more for his efforts at weight reduction and aerodynamics while achieving 150+mph for the flying mile. 😯

TheDTs
    Free Member

Only as I did all the graphics on it….

bikebouy
    Free Member

If we’re doing Trails bikes (and I think we should include them) then the thread can not be complete without Sammy Miller and a few of his era trials bikes, heres two..

Bultaco, who rewrote the format..

And a Tiger Cub that almost started it..

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Given the title of the thread it’s inevitible there will be lots of images of bikes with fairings.If you took the paint & stickers of them I reckon most people could tell them apart 😀 ..
    I love the look of some of the ‘old skool’racers,especially the Endurance racers

There’s so many good looking drag bikes, that it’s hard to pick a “best”.
    Russ Collins creation has got to be a contender, it’s absolutely barking.

bikebouy
    Free Member

The infamous Scottish Six Days trail…

When a Man a bike and an oily rag ruled..

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Another vote for the V1000 here.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

1980s HRC works Hondas, beautiful bikes. Many an hour spent staring at pictures of Malherbe, Thorpe, Bailey, Magoo, O’Mara, Johnson & Geboers in TMX and Motocross Action.

(Not enough gold rims in the world)

z1ppy

Well done Bustaspoke for injecting some sense in amongst the plastic crap.

singlespeedstu

chipsngravy.
    This was by far the best ever looking CR500.
    If I remember correctly it had a hinge in the large radiator on the right for better access to the barrel.
    It also used a fuel pump in the tank as the bottom of it was way lower than the carb.

docstar
    Free Member

augustuswindsock

Docstar, is that hailwoods?

docstar
    Free Member

Don’t think it’s his exact bike as I plucked it right outta Google images but yea same bike more or less RC166

downhilldave

Bustaspoke, here it is without it’s clothes

Gachet
    Free Member

Gachet
    Free Member

Speshpaul

[url=https://flic.kr/p/jg79UH]D Page J Parton Plox Green cira 68 No2[/url] by paul.sal, on Flickr

My dad and my Uncle John, about 200yds from where I live now.

The Britten, wins, followed by 917.
    RD350LC is a race bike as it had its own race series, stock bikes, pick the keys out of a hat madness.

Gachet
    Free Member

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

DownhillDave I think that’s a XR69 frame.I’ve seen a few images of those over recent years..

zippykona

Whatever it is ,it’s bloody gorgeous.

Captain_Sponge

Dickyboy – Page 2 – MGS-01 – Sublime!!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘Best looking race motorbike’ is closed to new replies.