Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 119 total)
  • best looking 160mm "enduro" bikes
  • moshimonster
    Free Member

This does look great. One of the few posted that actually does!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’ve come to the conclusion that Intense’s generally ming for me.

The bronze Nicolai looks quite nice, would look better with the shock the other way round though. That frame has improved so much since they have slimmed down the swing linkage.

The Ion16 is a nice looking bike too. It’s not enduro though, it’s got no water bottle mounts! :p

chakaping
    Free Member

Moshi – His decals match the french doors quite nicely, I must admit.

funkhouser
    Free Member

is it just me, Philberts Nikolai looks incredibly too small??

funkhouser
    Free Member

ndthornton
    Free Member

The prize for most improved look has to go to the Commencal Meta.

From an anorexic, flexy, bendy thing to one the meanest, badest (this is a word) looking machines on the planet.

What a shame they had to go and paint it

kimbers

I’m actually thinking Philbert’s Nicolai might be the best, who’d a think a Nicolai would win a prettiest bike contest !

rumple
    Free Member

the nomad is a stunning bike, would have to go for the blue/ pink IMO, anybody got one built up?

moshimonster
    Free Member

is it just me, Philberts Nikolai looks incredibly too small??

That was my first thought too. He looks like a giant on it.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Yeah, this does look good, also looks better for a sweep up.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

No, still can’t photos. Everyone know what a 2012 matt black Covert looks like anyway, right?

philbert31
    Free Member

Haha, that photo does make it look like a clown bike! I’m just over 6′ and its a large. 🙂

moshimonster
    Free Member

Yeah, this does look good, also looks better for a sweep up.

Still looks good, but I prefer the original. How about the wheel logos back in yellow to match the maxxis. That could be a winner. You can’t have carbon rims like that without the logo showing.

funkhouser
    Free Member

prefer the nomad white the white wheel decal personally, especially when they are mudded up a bit. you can go too far with the stealth thing, like over doing colour components, namely those hideous purple hope bits. love the frame but not keen on the stealth fork graphics either. infact the stealth nomad with normal pikes and Flow rims would be mint.

6079smithw
    Free Member

daver27
    Free Member

moshimonster
    Free Member

6079 – Yeah, I like the Jekyll too. Pictures don’t do it justice.

tomhoward

Ok, just for y’all, I’ll put the solos wheels (grey stickers) on the nomad for a pic when it gets back from servicing at the weekend. Happy?

moshimonster
    Free Member

tomh – I think it looks stunning with the white wheel graphics. Bet it looks the business on the move too like that.

6079smithw
    Free Member

26″ rear and 27.5″ front?
    You know you want it

moshimonster
    Free Member

I think this has great form and function. No unnecessary swoopy bits without the industrial look of a straight tubed conventional frame.

tomhoward

Hmm, I’m kinda of the opinion that they just scream LOOK AT MY WHEELS!!!! So would prefer somewhat more subtle colours. To each his own though 🙂

tops5
    Free Member

The Evil and Nicolais are winning for me and of course my own 🙂

moshimonster
    Free Member

tops – what brand are those wheels?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

moshimonster
    Free Member

Hmm, I’m kinda of the opinion that they just scream LOOK AT MY WHEELS!!!!

True, you’d have to be a pretty handy rider to get away with it and not look like a nob

tops5
    Free Member

Moshi – I think there’s a logo on them somewhere I’ll check and get back to you

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

tomhoward / rickdraper FTW (if he posts it here that is!)

nothing, I repeat nothing is prettier than those nomads in the flesh

that new stumpy endure is also a beaut, the photo doesn’t do it justice (although it still looks nice), but in the flesh it looks absolutely stunning

still a nomad stealth all day, or the lairy one like ricks with fox 36’s on

Tracey

These were ours however there has been a few changes since our Alps trip and crashes. Will need to take some more pics over the weekend as only one survived in its near original form.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Tracey

That sounds expensive!

moshimonster
    Free Member

that new stumpy endure is also a beaut, the photo doesn’t do it justice (although it still looks nice), but in the flesh it looks absolutely stunning

I agree. Took delivery of mine last week and was mightily impressed. Even my mrs had to admit it looked good! The form in 3D looks fantastic and proportions are spot on with the large frame size. Didn’t buy it for the looks alone though – honest!

tomhoward

Tracey, are there any bike brands you and the fam are particularly fond of?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Well I know it is 150 but it is a Enduro bike 3rd place at Mega.

bigjim

those blue and pink nomads should come with a bottle of eye bleach

funkhouser
    Free Member

love the Covert!

Tracey

Expensive but not as expensive as it could have been, thanks to Specialized, or as bad injury wise. Wont even start the debate on helmets but had to bin mine.

Not particularly fond of any bike brands, have got a couple of Santa Cruz and until recently a Marin. We have tended to buy Specialized due to the fact that their bikes suit our riding style and when it hits the fan, both at home and abroad they have been first class.

stevied
    Free Member

Mine, now it’s had a paint and new stickers 🙂

passtherizla
    Free Member

Ibis and them specialized bikes are out for me, I don’t like the ‘X’ the frame forms.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

kiwijohn

Still can’t beat a 66

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘best looking 160mm "enduro" bikes’ is closed to new replies.