Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Best lights for under £150?
  • markrh
    Free Member

Title says it all really, oh, except handle bar mount and don’t really need more than couple of hours burn time
    😉

sniff
    Free Member

My Airbike P7 still works as it did out the box 2 years ago. Not sure if u can still get them though. No sign of it on on-one site.

stuey
    Free Member

Five deal extreme XMLs 🙂
    £30 silly not to

Vortexracing

try the clearance at lumicycle, good deals on there WRT the LED’s

JohnnyPanic

Stuey, how does that light compare to the ‘original’ 900 lumens DX Bastid? Floody or spot beam? Battery & charger compatible? Cheers for any info.

neninja
    Free Member

If you want to buy in the UK the Bikeray III’s look a good deal.

http://www.lightslightslights.co.uk/Bikeray-Lights/bikeray-iii
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Awesome-1200-Lumen-BikeRay-lll-brighter-than-900-Lumen-/300592152343?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Cycling_Bike_Lights&hash=item45fcb03f17

I’ve got a LightandGo Fireball which is similar 3x XPG and it puts out loads more light than my Magicshine MJ836 P7
    Bought here – cost about £80 delivered and didn’t get stung for duty/vat – http://lightandgo.com/shop/detail.asp?m_code=Mc00016

Took about 3 weeks to arrive

Gribs

how does that light compare to the ‘original’ 900 lumens DX Bastid? Floody or spot beam? Battery & charger compatible?

I’ve just received a new bastid light (82510) and it’s got a similar enough plug to my 2 year old p7 one to allow them to share batteries but it’ll need some tape to stop it coming apart when riding, the same is true when using it’s own pack though.

Beam patern is a much more noticable spot but it seems to throw out just as much light to the side as the p7, just with a much brighter centre.

MTBMonkey
    Free Member

Magicshine MJ-868, 870 or a 872 all less than 150

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The spot on the new DX light is very bright in the centre. I think Im going to use the lens(?) from my Spiderfire torch as it fits and seems to make the beam much smoother without a big bright spot in the centre.

JohnnyPanic

Thanks Gribs. How long did it take to come from DX?

stuey
    Free Member

My last DX order took 3 weeks.

And I agree with above comments about (too) bright centre spot on high.

But great for getting noticed on the roads.

takisawa2

A DX P7 torch, 2-off 18650 cells & a mount from fenix. Probably cost you .£40 tops, & no house fire risk from them battery packs on the bastid light sets. Plus you get a decent torch for camping, DIY etc.

Gribs

Just short of three weeks here too. From what I remember my other orders from there have been similar.

JohnnyPanic

& no house fire risk

I charge mine at work so no risk there (or rather ‘here’) 😀
    Cheers guys.

torchythebatteryboy
    Free Member

The trouble with Magicshine is, they tend to go wrong after a short time, particularly the batteries and chargers. That’s probably why they only offer 180 days warranty on everything apart from the lamp head.

nickjb
    Free Member

2nd what takisawa2 said. A £25 torch, a spare battery and a charger.

z1ppy

& no house fire risk from them battery packs on the bastid light sets

cause like everyone’s exploded and burnt there house down didn’t they, ffs get real. A 100 page thread on MTBR, suggested 2 maybe 3 ppl had issues, out of hundred’s of thousands of unit that shipped…

Yes the P7 18650 battery torches were great but get an XM-L version now at least. Then try to struggle to get it to mount without vibrating, not that the P7/magicshine bike light mounts are perfect, but there at least hugely better. Oh and this is from experience, I’ve two P7 18650 torch, a P7 & XM-L bike light, I know which I prefer and which are now relegated to my bag as backup.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Best lights for under £150?’ is closed to new replies.